Last Updated on May 26, 2023 by Kayla Berman
Craving a scrumptiously simple and healthy summer dessert that’s ready in a flash? Look no further! This mouthwatering recipe for Air Fryer Peaches is made with just four simple ingredients (fresh peaches, cinnamon, brown sugar, and coconut oil) and a mere five minutes of active prep time. This quick and easy sweet treat is naturally gluten free and vegan too!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
When peak summer hits, I can’t bear the thought of turning on the oven. I mean, heating my house when it’s approximately 800 bazillion degrees outside? No thanks! That’s when I like to turn to my trusty countertop air fryer.
Prepare to be amazed as your trusty appliance works its magic, transforming fresh, ripe peaches into a sensationally saucy, ooey-gooey dessert. Trust me, this simple recipe is sure to become a regular favorite.
With its quick cooking time and effortless cleanup, this recipe for peaches in the air fryer is a true winner for those warm summer nights when you crave something delicious without breaking a sweat!
Aside from being the epitome of summertime produce perfection, these air fryer peaches with cinnamon are also:
- Quick & Easy – It takes just 5 minutes of prep and 10 minutes of cook time. Dessert in 15 minutes flat? You’re welcome. 😎
- Made With Only 4 Ingredients – All you need are peaches plus a few pantry staples to make this healthy, wholesome dish.
- Allergen-Friendly – This air fryer peach dessert is naturally gluten-free, soy-free, egg-free, dairy-free, nut-free, and vegan. That means basically everyone can get in on the fun!
- Versatile – I just got my first batch of summer peaches at the farmer’s market last week, and I’d be lying if I said I didn’t have an air fried peach for dessert every dang night! Luckily, it’s super easy to keep things fresh and interesting simply by swapping in new toppings. Read on below for lots of ideas!
Ingredients & Substitutions
As I mentioned earlier, you only need a handful of ingredients to make this simple recipe:
- Peaches – Opt for just barely ripe or slightly underripe fruit so they don’t get too mushy. Not a fan of the fuzz? Swap in silky smooth nectarines instead.
- Refined Coconut Oil – Just a touch of fat helps to caramelize the sugar topping. Using refined oil ensures the smoke point is high enough to handle the heat! Feel free to swap in another solid fat option like ghee instead.
- Light Brown Sugar – Adding a little extra sweetness makes these air fried peaches really pop with juicy flavor. You’re welcome to use dark brown sugar for a more molasses-forward flavor if you prefer.
- Cinnamon – A sprinkle of cinnamon adds warmth and gives your air fryer grilled peaches an almost cobbler-esque flavor, without any fuss.
- Toppings of Choice – The choice here is yours! I happen to love a dollop of freshly whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream, a drizzle of honey, and a sprinkle of crunchy granola. Read on below for even more ideas!
How To Make Air Fryer Peaches
Learning how to air fry peaches is a snap. This easy summer dessert comes together in mere minutes! Here’s how:
Step 1: Pit the Peaches. First carefully cut each peach in half and remove the pit.
Step 2: Make Cinnamon Sugar Glaze. Combine the coconut oil, light brown sugar, and cinnamon in a small bowl.
Step 3: Spread the Cinnamon Sugar Mixture evenly onto each peach half.
Step 4: Cook. Preheat the air fryer. Place the filled peach halves skin side down/cut side up and air fry for 8-10 minutes. The exact cooking time will depend on the size of your peaches, their ripeness level, and how you like them cooked!
Optional Variations & Dietary Adaptations
As much as I love the simplicity of this air fryer baked peaches recipe, there are plenty of ways for you to make it your own. Here are just a few ideas to get you started:
- Use Different Stone Fruit: Adapt the recipe to fit what’s in season around you. Other great options include nectarines, plums, pluots, and apricots.
- Peach Melba Twist: Top the air-fried peaches with a dollop of vanilla Greek yogurt, a drizzle of raspberry coulis, and a sprinkle of crushed almonds for a twist on the classic Australian dessert.
- Tropical Paradise: Transport your peaches to the tropics by adding a sprinkle of shredded coconut and a squeeze of fresh lime juice to the peaches before air frying. Serve them with a scoop of coconut ice cream for a truly exotic treat.
- Crunchy Streusel Surprise: Create a delectably crunchy-chewy topping by combining rolled oats, chopped walnuts, a hint of maple syrup, and a pinch of salt. Sprinkle the streusel mixture over the peaches before air frying to add a delightful crunch to every bite.
- Booze ‘em up: Give your peaches an adult twist by drizzling them with a splash of bourbon or amaretto before air frying. Once cooked, serve them with a generous drizzle of warm caramel sauce and a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream for a seriously indulgent dessert.
- Spiced Chai Infusion: Infuse the peaches with the aromatic flavors of India by adding a sprinkle of chai spice blend (cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg) along with the brown sugar.
- Tart Twist: Before air frying, grate some fresh orange or lemon zest over the peaches to add a burst of citrusy brightness. Serve them with a scoop of citrus sorbet for a tangy and refreshing twist.
- Gingery Goodness: Add a kick of warmth and sweetness by combining grated fresh ginger and a drizzle of honey with the brown sugar and cinnamon. The ginger-honey glaze will infuse the peaches with a delightful flavor, perfect for those who love a bit of spice.
- Use just ripe or slightly under-ripe peaches — otherwise they might get too mushy!
- Make sure to remove the pit from the peaches carefully so they stay intact enough to air fry. Here are some detailed instructions.
- I recommend using larger peaches for this recipe. They just create more delicious dessert! And hold up better in the air fryer too.
- The exact cooking time for these air-fried peaches will depend on multiple things — the size of your peaches, their ripeness, and how cooked you want them to be. Overall if you want the peaches to be super soft and ooey-gooey I recommend frying for closer to 10 minutes. If you want the peaches to have a bit of bite left in them, go for 6-8 minutes. Either way, I recommend checking on the peaches throughout the air frying just to make sure you don’t over do them!
When it comes to serving these air fried peach treasures, the toppings are where it’s at. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Ice cream, sorbet, sherbet, or froyo
- Yogurt or cottage cheese
- Whipped cream or whipped ricotta
- Fruit dip or dessert hummus
- Spreadable blue cheese or goat cheese (for a slightly savory twist)
- Toasted nuts (especially almonds), crunchy granola, your favorite breakfast cereal
- Crumbled cookies or graham crackers
- Honey, maple syrup, or agave
- Pomegranate molasses
- Warming spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, allspice, pumpkin pie spice, or chai spice
As far as when to serve these delightful rays of summer sunshine, the answer is: all summer long.
You can serve them as an appetizer for a fancy dinner party by pairing them with a slightly savory cheese and some peppery arugula, as a breakfast or brunch by pairing them with yogurt and cereal, or as dessert with ice cream and crumbled cookies.
Heck, you could make a whole meal out of eating them 3 different ways with assorted toppings. How fun would THAT be?!?
Peach season varies slightly throughout different parts of the country, but generally speaking, peach season is during the summer months. In most areas, the popular stone fruit will be readily available from May to September and typically peaks around Mid-July to Mid-August!
In fact, August is actually National Peach Month so it would be the perfect time to enjoy this summertime sweet treat.
I recommend using just ripe or slightly under-ripe peaches. If you use very ripe peaches, they could turn to total mush when air fried.
You’ll want peaches that are still a bit firm when squeezed.
Any air fryer you use and enjoy should do the trick here. I personally have been using the Instant Vortex Slim 6QT Air Fryer and love it.
If you are in the market for an air fryer, I highly recommend it.
I do recommend enjoying these peaches straight away, as they do not store the best.
However, if you have leftovers they can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about 1 day.
More Healthy Desserts
- Chocolate Strawberry Yogurt Clusters
- Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Bars
- Single Serving Peanut Butter Cookie Ramekin
- Vegan Berry Crumble Bars
- High Protein Cottage Cheese Ice Cream
- Chocolate Crunch Date Bark
- Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies
- Dark Chocolate Berry Bark
- Small Batch No Bake Cookies
- Blueberry Peach Crisp
- Chocolate Tahini Brownies
- No Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
Connect With Me!
If you make this peach dessert recipe or any of my other recipes, I would absolutely love to know! Tag me @wellnessbykay on Instagram so I can see and share your recreations.
Love this recipe? Leave a comment and a rating! I love to see and it helps me continue to develop delicious recipes for this blog.Print
Air Fryer Peaches with Cinnamon (Healthy Summer Dessert Recipe)
Craving a scrumptiously simple & healthy summer dessert that’s ready in a flash? Look no further! This mouthwatering recipe for Air Fryer Peaches is made with just four simple ingredients (fresh peaches, cinnamon, brown sugar, and coconut oil) and a mere five minutes of active prep time. This quick and easy sweet treat is naturally gluten free and vegan too!
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 Servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Air Fryer
- 2 peaches
- 1 tbsp refined coconut oil, at room temperature
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Toppings: Whipped cream, honey, granola, etc.
- First, carefully cut each peach in half and remove the pit.
- Then add the coconut oil, light brown sugar, and cinnamon to a small bowl. Combine thoroughly.
- Fill each peach half with the cinnamon sugar mixture. Spread evenly.
- Next preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees. Once preheated, place the filled peach halves skin side down and cut side up into the air fryer basket. Air fry for 8-10 minutes. The exact cooking time will depend on the size of your peaches, their ripeness level, and how you like them cooked! See the Expert Tips section of the blog post.
- Top the air fried peaches with whipped cream or ice cream, granola or nuts, and a drizzle of honey.
- Serve and enjoy!
Keywords: Air Fryer Peaches, Air Fried Peaches, Air Frying Peaches, Air Fry Peaches, Air Fried Peach, Peaches in Air Fryer, Air Fryer Peach