Last Updated on May 11, 2022 by Kayla Berman
Blueberry Peach Crisp is the best healthy summer dessert recipe! Made with fresh or frozen fruit and a crispy, buttery oatmeal crumble topping … this easy crisp is full of warm, juicy fruit and tons of delicious flavor. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top for the ultimate treat!
The best fruit filled healthy summer dessert…
In my professional opinion there is nothing better than a warm dessert topped with some cold vanilla ice cream. Especially when that dessert is a fruit crisp!
I truly cannot imagine a better way to end a hot summer day than this Blueberry Peach Crisp with a scoop of creamy, melty vanilla ice cream on top. Heaven!
This summer dessert is made with fresh or frozen blueberries and peaches, old fashioned oats, almond flour, butter, and more! It’s a gluten free and refined sugar free healthier dessert, but I can guarantee you no one will be able to tell.
Serve this juicy crisp at your next barbecue or just for family dessert! It will be a hit with every crowd.
Blueberry Peach Crisp is made with simple and wholesome ingredients! Beautiful summer fruit and a gluten free oatmeal crisp topping make for a delicious healthier dessert.
- Blueberries & Peaches: Blueberries and peaches are the most important ingredients in this recipe! Add 2 cups of peaches and 2 1/2 cups of blueberries. Fresh or frozen works!
- Cornstarch: To help thicken the fruit juices in this crisp and create an irresistibly smooth sauce add 2 tsp of cornstarch.
- Lemon Juice: Lemon juice adds a tiny bit of tartness that helps to balance out the sweet here! Add the juice of 1/2 lemon.
- Coconut Sugar: Coconut sugar is one of my favorite refined sugar sweeteners to bake with. 2 tbsp is used here to add to the natural sweetness of the fruit!
- Oats: The crisp topping in this healthy dessert is a delicious buttery oatmeal crumble mixture. You will need 1/2 cup oats.
- Almond Flour: Almond flour is also used in the topping. Add 1/2 cup!
- Butter: 1/4 cup butter is needed in the crisp topping. It adds that unbeatable rich flavor we all know and love.
- Vanilla Extract: Add 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract to your oatmeal topping for that classic taste.
- Salt: A pinch of salt, 1/4 tsp, helps to balance out the sweet in this healthy dessert.
Healthy Blueberry Crisp substitutions…
Here are a few easy ingredient substitutions you can make in this gluten free dessert! Just make sure to not change up too much, or the result may not be the same.
Blueberries & Peaches: You can replace these with the same measurement of any fruit of your choice. Apple, strawberry, blackberry, etc.
Cornstarch: You can replace cornstarch with arrowroot powder or potato starch! Both are one to one replacements.
Butter: Replacing the butter in this recipe with coconut oil would make it entirely vegan.
Coconut Sugar: I think light brown sugar would make the best replacement for coconut sugar here.
How to make Gluten Free Blueberry Peach Crisp…
This recipe is super easy to make! There are essentially four simple steps. First you chop your fruit and mix with a few other ingredients. Then you create the buttery delicious oatmeal crisp topping. Next you assemble in a large baking dish. Lastly, you bake until the fruit juices are bubbling, velvetty, and smelling heavenly.
Set the oven to 350 degrees.
Then in a large mixing bowl combine the blueberries, peaches, coconut sugar, lemon juice, and cornstarch. Set aside.
Next in a separate bowl combine the oats, almond flour, coconut sugar, and salt. Mix evenly. Add the melted butter and vanilla extract. Combine.
Pour the fruit mixture into a greased large baking dish.
Then add the oatmeal crumble mixture on top of the fruit. (I like to form some bigger chunks by squeezing & flattening bits of the mixture in my hand at a time and placing on top of the fruit. Then I sprinkle the remaining mixture on top.)
Bake for 30-35 minutes. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
How is this Blueberry Peach Crisp gluten free?
This crisp topping is made with almond flour and oats, which are naturally gluten free ingredients. If you are super sensitive to gluten, make sure to use certified gluten free oats.
Is this dessert recipe healthy?
Although I am not a registered dietician or nutritionist … in my opinion I would say this fruit crisp is definitely healthy!
Blueberry peach crisp is made with real, whole food ingredients like fruit, lemon juice, almond flour, oats, and butter. It is also gluten free, refined sugar free, and gets most of its natural sweetness from the blueberries and peaches.
Can I make this recipe vegan?
Yes, simply replace the butter with coconut oil or vegan butter.
Can I use frozen fruit?
Yes, blueberry peach crisp can be made with either fresh or frozen fruit. Whichever works better for you!
How should I serve Blueberry Peach Crisp?
I love and highly recommend serving this recipe warm with some vanilla ice cream on top. It’s the ultimate summer dessert combo!
How to store…
You can store this recipe in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about 5 days – 1 week.
How to reheat…
Although it will definitely loose it’s crisp, the best way to reheat this simply in the microwave for 30-60 seconds depending on the serving size.
Love Blueberry Peach Crisp? Check out more delicious desserts below…
- Gluten Free Cinnamon Coffee Cake
- Healthy Apple Crisp
- Gluten Free Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies
- Cherry Pie Crumble Bars
- Healthy Chocolate Banana Bread
- Blueberry Crumb Muffins
- Vegan Berry Crumble Bars
Connect with me!
If you make this Blueberry Peach Crisp or any of my other recipes, I would absolutely love to know! Tag me @wellnessbykay on Instagram so I can see and share your recreations!
Love this recipe? Leave a comment and a rating! I love to see and it helps me continue to develop delicious recipes for this blog.Print
Blueberry Peach Crisp
Blueberry Peach Crisp is the best healthy summer dessert recipe! Made with fresh or frozen fruit and a crispy, buttery oatmeal crumble topping … this easy crisp is full of warm, juicy fruit and tons of delicious flavor. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top for the ultimate treat! Gluten Free & Refined Sugar Free
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven Baked
- 2 cups peaches, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups blueberries
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Set the oven to 350 degrees.
- Then in a large mixing bowl combine the blueberries, peaches, coconut sugar, lemon juice, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Next in a separate bowl combine the oats, almond flour, coconut sugar, and salt. Mix evenly.
- Add the melted butter and vanilla extract. Combine.
- Pour the fruit mixture into a greased large baking dish.
- Then add the oatmeal crumble mixture on top of the fruit. (I like to form some bigger chunks by squeezing & flattening bits of the mixture in my hand at a time and placing on top of the fruit. Then I sprinkle the remaining mixture on top.)
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Or until the fruit juices are bubbling.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and enjoy!
Keywords: Blueberry Peach Crisp, Gluten Free Blueberry Peach Crisp, Healthy Blueberry Peach Crisp