Last Updated on August 12, 2022 by Kayla Berman
Cream Cheese Caramel Apple Dip is the perfect quick and easy dessert recipe! Made with a sweet cream cheese base layer, an ooey-gooey caramel middle, and a crunchy toffee bit topping – this homemade fruit dip is creamy, rich, and delicious. A 15 minute party appetizer or dessert!
Quick, Easy, & Delicious Fall Dessert Recipe
And I love them! But I absolutely do not love the mess of making or eating them.
That’s where caramel and cream cheese apple dip comes in! Or my Sheet Pan Caramel Apples. Anyway, this dip is a quick and simple recipe made up of three scrumptious layers – a sweet cream cheese base, a rich ooey-gooey caramel middle, and a crunchy nut & toffee topping!
Plus this dip has the taste of the classic apple season treat in the form of a shareable and easy appetizer, snack, or dessert! It is a huge hit at any party, potluck gathering, or celebration.
Caramel apple cream cheese dip calls for only a few simple ingredients! It’s the perfect last minute dessert for fall gatherings. Or honestly gatherings at any time of year!
- Cream Cheese: The base of this sweet dip is cream cheese! It adds a perfect creaminess and tangy flavor. You’ll need one 8 oz block.
- Powdered Sugar: Powdered sugar helps sweeten this easy apple dip. 1/3 cup is all you need!
- Vanilla Extract: 1 tsp vanilla extract gives this recipe that classic flavor.
- Caramel Dip: For the caramel layer, you’ll need 2/3 cup of a pre-made store bought caramel. You can find this in the produce section of most grocery stores! Here is the exact one I used.
- Crunchy Toppings: The crunchy toppings compliment this creamy dip excellently! Add 2 tbsp toffee bits, 1 tbsp peanuts, and 1 tbsp walnuts. Or however much you’d like!
- Apples: Fresh apples are the perfect pairing here. I recommend some beautiful, juicy, & tart apples!
Additional Mix-Ins & Pairings
This toffee apple dip is insanely delicious as is, but there a few additions you could make to suit your own tastes and preferences!
Fruit: This apple dip is of course scrumptious with crisp apple slices, but other fresh fruit would be delicious too! Like pear or peach slices.
Dippers: You could also dip in so much more besides fruit. Graham crackers, cookies, pretzels, or vanilla wafers are great ideas. My cinnamon sugar pretzels would be truly incredible!
Toppings: For toppings you could truly throw anything you’d like on top! I think chocolate chips, chopped candy, more nuts, and a sprinkle of brown sugar or cinnamon are great options.
How To Make This Easy Recipe
This homemade caramel apple dip is incredibly easy to make! You simply make the sweet cream cheese spread, pour the rich caramel on top, and sprinkle delicious crunchy toppings.
Step By Step Instructions
Step 1: Add the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract to a mixing bowl. Use a hand mixer (or stand mixer) to combine evenly.
Step 2: Next heat up the caramel dip in the microwave until it is a pourable consistency, using 15 second intervals.
Step 3: Spread the cream cheese mixture in the bottom of a serving dish.
Step 4: Pour the caramel over the cream cheese layer and spread evenly.
Step 5: Next top with the toffee bits, peanuts, and walnuts.
Step 6: Dip fresh apples and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
The best caramel to use in this recipe is a thick caramel dip. Like this!
You could also use the more drippy caramel sauce, the one used in ice cream sundaes, but I much prefer the thick one.
I think slightly sour and tart green apples are best for dipping in caramel dip! It helps balance out the sweet.
Granny smith apples are my favorite!
To keep cut apples from turning brown after slicing them, toss in a little bit of lemon juice.
This won’t prevent them from turning brown completely, but it will definitely slow the process and help keep them fresh in the refrigerator.
You can check your local grocery store for toffee bits. They will most likely be in the candy aisle!
However, if you’re like me and can’t find them in person you can shop online. These are the exact ones I bought from amazon!
Yes, you can! The only part you really have to make anyway is the cream cheese mixture. So you can make that beforehand and simply store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
The rest you can assemble right before serving, it won’t take long at all!
However I do recommend waiting to cut the apples until serving.
If you have any of this apple dip leftover, which you most likely will not, I recommend just wrapping the serving bowl or dish with some plastic wrap and popping in the fridge. It will keep for 1-3 days!
You could also transfer to an airtight container, but it probably wont last too long anyway so why dirty another dish!?
Love this recipe? Check out more great recipes for the fall…
- Cinnamon Monkey Bread
- Pumpkin Bread with Maple Glaze
- Crescent Roll Apple Cobbler
- Pumpkin Spice Protein Bites
- No-Churn Cinnamon Apple Ice Cream
- Halloween Rice Krispie Treats
- Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookies
- Apple Cider Donut Holes
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Oatmeal Bars
- Crescent Roll Cinnamon Rolls
Connect with me!
If you make this easy caramel apple dip recipe or any of my other recipes, I would absolutely love to know! Tag me @wellnessbykay on Instagram so I can see and share your recreations.
Love this recipe? Leave a comment and a rating! I love to see and it helps me continue to develop delicious recipes for this blog.Print
Cream Cheese Caramel Apple Dip
Cream Cheese Caramel Apple Dip is the perfect quick and easy recipe! Made with a sweet cream cheese base layer, an ooey-gooey caramel middle, and a crunchy toffee bit topping – this homemade fruit dip is creamy, rich, and delicious. A 15 minute party appetizer or dessert!
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 10 Servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
- Add the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract to a mixing bowl. Use a hand mixer (or stand mixer) to combine evenly.
- Next heat up the caramel dip in the microwave until it is a pourable consistency, using 15 second intervals.
- Then spread the cream cheese mixture in the bottom of a serving dish.
- Pour the caramel over the cream cheese layer and spread evenly.
- Next top with the toffee bits, peanuts, and walnuts.
- Dip fresh apples and enjoy!
Keywords: caramel apple dip, cream cheese caramel apple dip, cream cheese apple dip, caramel cheesecake apple dip, caramel dip, apple dip, homemade caramel apple dip,