Last Updated on July 8, 2022 by Kayla Berman
Cold Artichoke Dip is the ultimate appetizer recipe! Made with artichoke hearts, parmesan cheese, sour cream, fresh chives, lemon zest, and no mayo … this easy, cheesy, and creamy dip is full of bright flavor. It is best served with tortilla chips, toasted bread, crackers, or veggie sticks! Perfect for a holiday party appetizer, game day snack, or any celebration in between.
Perfect Easy Cheesy Party Dip
Give me any sort of dip and I am a happy camper. I love them hot, cold, baked, fresh, homemade, or even bought from the store! Dip recipes are simply the perfect appetizer to serve or snack to munch on.
Plus I would say dips are usually quite easy recipes. And this artichoke parmesan dip recipe takes easy to another level! You’ll have it ready to go in less than 15 minutes in only one bowl.
This cheesy and creamy recipe is full of bright flavors, simple ingredients, and is my favorite dip for a holiday party or football game day. I promise you and anyone else enjoying this dip will not be missing the spinach!
This cold dip is made with less than 10 simple ingredients! They’re cheesy, flavorful, and fresh – and come together to make the most perfect dipping experience.
- Cream Cheese: Cream cheese is the main base of this delicious dip! It gives an unbeatable cheesy flavor and creamy texture. You’ll need 8 oz.
- Sour Cream: The other base is sour cream. It gives a bit of a tang and also helps with the creamy factor. Add 6 tbsp!
- Artichoke Hearts: Artichoke hearts have got to be the star of the show here! 1 cup of canned artichoke hearts are used. A can of artichoke hearts can be found in almost any grocery store!
- Parmesan Cheese: Parmesan cheese takes this dip to a whole new tasty level. The strong cheese flavor is just so good! Use a freshly grated cheese for best results. 1/2 cup is all you need.
- Garlic Powder: This artichoke dip gets lots of it’s flavor from 1 tsp of garlic powder. So yummy!
- Fresh Chives: Fresh chives add such a delicious and fresh taste. 1 tbsp chopped is perfect.
- Lemon Zest: To make this recipe bright, extra fresh, and to add a little zing – use 1/2 tbsp lemon zest.
- Salt & Pepper: Lastly, add salt and black pepper to taste.
Substitutions & Additions
There a few substitutions and additions you could make to this recipe in order to customize it to your personal preferences or needs!
Sour Cream: The sour cream here can be replaced with plain greek yogurt. It’s a lighter, healthier option!
Garlic Powder: I used garlic powder in this dip, but it could of course be swapped with fresh garlic. Just mince it really finely and throw it in!
Chives: Fresh chives add incredible flavor here, but you could use dried chives instead if you would like. Green onion would also add a good flavor!
Fresh Spinach: This is a spinach-less artichoke dip! But you could totally throw some fresh spinach in to get that classic dip we all know.
How To Make This Recipe
This tangy artichoke dip is such a quick appetizer option! You can whip this cheesy dip together in less than 20 minutes from start to finish.
It’s the perfect cold appetizer to bring to parties, family gatherings, the super bowl, or any holiday celebration!
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1: First add the cream cheese and sour cream to a medium bowl. Mix until well combined and smooth.
Step 2: Then add the chopped artichokes, parmesan cheese, fresh chives, lemon zest, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Combine evenly. Add more salt & pepper to taste if needed.
Step 3: Optional: Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Step 4: Transfer the artichoke mixture to a serving bowl and serve with toasted bread, crackers, tortilla chips, or even veggie sticks. Enjoy!
Melt the cream cheese slightly before adding to the dip. This will make mixing a whole lot easier!
To save some arm strength and make mixing even easier, combine all the ingredients in a food processor. You could blend until smooth or leave some chunks!
Chop the artichoke hearts pretty small! I don’t know about you, but I like very small pieces of artichoke in my dip. I don’t want to get a whole mouthful!
To make this dip taste the best to you, season to taste! This may seem obvious, but there is no one size fits all when it comes to salt and pepper amounts.
Refrigerate overnight or at least for a few hours for the best artichoke dip.
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely! Canned raw artichokes are used in this dip and can most definitely be eaten just as is.
Yes, totally! This dip is actually better when made ahead of time. It lets all the flavors really marinate and develop.
If you’re serving at a party or event I recommend making only 1 day before!
Artichoke dip can be served which pretty much anything you like to dip!
I recommend fresh vegetables, crackers, tortilla chips, pita chips, or crusty bread. You could also add this easy recipe to a charcuterie board! It would make for the perfect dipping option.
To store this cheesy recipe, transfer dip to an airtight container. Then place in the refrigerator.
Leftover dip will last for about 5 days in the fridge!
Love this recipe? Check out more easy & delicious appetizers…
- Baked Cream Cheese Salsa Dip
- Whipped Ricotta Crostini
- Baked Brie Bites
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Tomato & Goat Cheese Bruschetta
- Healthy French Onion Dip
- Pesto Flatbread Pizzas
- Air Fried Ravioli
- Cheesy Bacon Corn Dip
Connect with me!
If you make this artichoke dip recipe or any of my other recipes, I would absolutely love to know! Tag me @wellnessbykay on Instagram so I can see and share your recreations.
Love this recipe? Leave a comment and a rating! I love to see and it helps me continue to develop delicious recipes for this blog.Print
Cold Parmesan Artichoke Dip
Cold Artichoke Dip is the ultimate appetizer recipe! Made with artichoke hearts, parmesan cheese, sour cream, fresh chives, lemon zest, and no mayo … this easy, cheesy, and creamy dip is full of bright flavor. It is best served with tortilla chips, toasted bread, crackers, or veggie sticks! Perfect for a holiday party, game day snack, or any celebration in between.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 8 Servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- First add the cream cheese and sour cream to a medium bowl. Mix until well combined and smooth.
- Then add the chopped artichokes, parmesan cheese, fresh chives, lemon zest, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Combine evenly. Add more salt & pepper to taste if needed.
- Optional: Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with toasted bread, crackers, tortilla chips, or even veggie sticks. Enjoy!
Keywords: artichoke dip, cold artichoke dip, cold parmesan artichoke dip, parmesan artichoke dip, cold parmesan dip, artichoke dip no mayo, cold artichoke dip no mayo, cold parmesan artichoke dip no mayo, cold artichoke dip no spinach