Last Updated on November 8, 2023 by Kayla Berman
One of my favorite parts of any party or holiday gathering is the appetizers. I just love being able to have bites and tastes of so many different and delicious foods! And these Baked Brie Bites are without a doubt my new favorite one. I will be serving them at every event from now on! Dramatic? Yes. True. Also yes! They are like all the best elements of a charcuterie board wrapped up in a buttery and golden puff pastry and in bite size form. Are you drooling yet?!!
Baked Brie Bites are the best holiday or party appetizer! Made with rich and creamy brie cheese, delicious salami, golden and buttery puff pastry, and apricot or fig jam … these bites are as easy as can be. This showstopper appetizer is a total crowd pleaser and is perfect to serve at Thanksgiving or Christmas!
Ingredients needed for this Easy Holiday Appetizer…
You only need a few simple, and of course delicious, ingredients for this recipe! It really is an easy as can be appetizer, but it is such a showstopper and crowd pleaser that no one will be able to tell.
- Brie Cheese: Brie cheese is of course the star of this show! The buttery, creamy, and rich cheese makes for such a delicious appetizer bite. You’ll need 8.5 oz.
- Puff Pastry: These brie bites are wrapped and baked in some golden puff pastry. 1 frozen sheet is all you need!
- Salami: I love the combination of salami and brie cheese. It’s such a tasty combo and is perfect in this easy holiday appetizer! You will ned 9 slices.
- Jam: Jam, fig or apricot are my favorite, adds a perfect sweetness to these baked bites! Add about 1 tsp to each bite. You could also use a different jam of your choice!
- Fresh Thyme: An optional garnish, but fresh thyme adds both a beautiful look and delicious flavor.
Kitchen tools needed for Puff Pastry Brie Bites…
The most important kitchen tool needed for Baked Brie Bites is a muffin tin! All you need is your basic muffin tin, nothing fancy at all.
Other tools you’ll need:
- Measuring spoons
- Cutting board
How to make Baked Brie Bites…
These brie bites take under 30 minutes to make, making them the perfect easy holiday appetizer! They will not contribute any stress or hassle to the big day.
Step 1: Prepare. Set the oven to 375 degrees. Remove the puff pastry from the freezer and let thaw according to the package instructions. This will typically take 20 minutes. Place the brie cheese in the freezer while the pastry thaws, to make it easier to cut with.
Step 2: Cut brie cheese into 18 bite sized pieces. You could also do 9 larger ones.
Step 3: Form pastry pieces. Cut the thawed puff pastry into 9 even pieces. First cut into 3 large rectangles along the folded lines. Then cut each rectangle into 3 smaller sections.
Step 4: Assemble brie bites. Place the pastry squares into each muffin of a muffin tin. Pressing down with your fingers to form a little cup. Add a slice of salami to each bite. Then add 2 brie cheese pieces and about 1 tsp of jam to each bite. Top with fresh thyme.
Step 5: Bake for 20 minutes.
Step 6: Serve and enjoy! Let the brie bites cool slightly before removing from the muffin tin.
Brie Bites FAQs…
Do I have to remove the rind from the brie cheese?
No you do not! When the cheese bakes, the rind becomes very unrecognizable and just blends in with the rest of the cheese. I promise … you really won’t be able to tell it’s there!
Plus if you cut it off you lose a lot of delicious cheese!
What puff pastry should I use?
This recipe calls for the classic puff pastry that can be found in the freezer section of most grocery stores. This is the exact kind I used!
And it was super easy, just remove from the freezer and let thaw 20 minutes before baking.
How to best handle the brie cheese?
Brie cheese is a pretty soft cheese and thus can sometimes be difficult to handle! But freezing before cutting and baking makes it a whole lot easier.
Simply pop in the freezer for about 20 minutes! You can do so when you start to thaw the puff pastry.
Why are my Baked Brie Bites greasy?
If I am being honest, these brie bites are just going to be a little on the greasy side. It is simply the nature of them!
Puff pastry and brie cheese are both buttery foods, which is amazingly delicious, but does in fact provide some grease. And so does the salami if you choose to add it!
My tip is simply to let the bites cool for a bit after you remove from the oven. This will allow things to settle!
How can I customize Baked Brie Bites?
These Puff Pastry Brie Bites are super customizable. Which is one of the reasons why I love them so much! You can truly just use this recipe as a base formula and add or takeaway the ingredients of your choosing.
- Meat: You could leave out the salami or replace with a different meat of your choice. Perhaps prosciutto!
- Nuts: Walnuts or pecans would be delicious additions here! Maybe even candied versions.
- Fresh Herbs: Rosemary or sage would be tasty replacements or additions to the fresh thyme. Very fall & Thanksgiving themed!
- Jam: You could leave out the jam in these Baked Brie Bites, but I love the sweet and savory vibe from the creamy cheese, salty meat, and sweet jam. And if apricot isn’t your thing, try fig!
- Cranberry Sauce: Replace the jam with cranberry sauce to make this an even more perfect Thanksgiving appetizer.
Storing & re-heating this Brie Bites Recipe…
You can store this Baked Brie Bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They will keep for about 5 days to 1 week!
To re-heat, simply pop in the microwave for 15-30 seconds depending on how many you’re heating up at once. Or you could even enjoy any leftover bites cold! They are just as delicious.
Love this easy appetizer recipe? Check out some more delicious ones below…
- Pesto Flatbread Pizzas
- Baked Ham & Cheese Crescent Roll-Ups
- Whipped Ricotta Crostini
- Baked Cream Cheese Salsa Dip
- Healthy French Onion Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Cauliflower Rice Balls
- Healthy Spinach & Artichoke Dip
Connect with me!
If you make Baked Brie Bites or any of my other recipes I would absolutely love to know! Tag me @wellnessbykay on instagram, so I can see and share your recreations!!
Love this recipe? Leave a comment and a rating! I love to see and it helps me continue to develop delicious recipes for this blog.Print
Baked Brie Bites
Baked Brie Bites are the best holiday or party appetizer! Made with rich and creamy brie cheese, delicious salami, golden and buttery puff pastry, and fig or apricot jam … these bites are as easy as can be. This showstopper appetizer is a total crowd pleaser and is perfect to serve at Thanksgiving or Christmas!
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 9 Brie Bites 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Oven Baked
- 1 puff pastry sheet
- 8 oz brie cheese
- 9 slices of salami
- Fig or apricot jam
- Fresh thyme
- Set the oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove the puff pastry from the freezer and let thaw according to the package instructions. This will typically take 20 minutes. Place the brie cheese in the freezer while the pastry thaws, to make it easier to cut.
- Cut the brie cheese into 18 bite sized pieces. You could also do 9 larger ones.
- Cut the thawed puff pastry into 9 even pieces. First cut into 3 large rectangles along the folded lines. Then cut each rectangle into 3 smaller sections.
- Place the pastry squares into each muffin of a muffin tin. Pressing down with your fingers to form a little cup. Add a slice of salami to each bite. Then add 2 brie cheese pieces and about 1 tsp of jam to each bite. Top with fresh thyme.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy! Let the brie bites cool slightly before removing from the muffin tin.
Keywords: Brie Bites, Baked Brie Bites, Brie Puff Pastry Bites, Brie Bites Recipe,