Last Updated on June 13, 2022 by Kayla Berman
I don’t know about you guys, but I am a big appetizer fan over here. My family goes out to eat quite a bit and we almost always order an app or two (maybe three) for the table! And if spinach and artichoke dip is on the menu … we are most definitely ordering it. I mean what’s not to love about this appetizer? It is all things creamy, cheesy, and savory goodness. However, I’m sure this comes as no surprise to you … it is unfortunately not the best for you. But do not worry! I have done what I tend to do and created a Healthy Spinach & Artichoke Dip that is much better for you and won’t bog you down like the classic.
What you need to make this Healthy Spinach & Artichoke Dip…
This spinach and artichoke is still as creamy, cheesy, and delicious as the classic, but is made with a few healthy swaps! It is a much lighter option, but does not sacrifice the taste. I promise you! Some of the swaps include whipped cream cheese and low fat greek yogurt, instead of mayo or heavier cream products. It’s easy too … you’ll need less than 10 ingredients and 30 minutes to make!
- Greek Yogurt: Greek yogurt as the base of this dip is one of the major healthy swaps. You’ll need 1 cup of non fat greek yogurt.
- Whipped Cream Cheese: Whipped cream cheese is the other base in this dip! Makes for such a creamy & cheesy (obviously lol) dip! Add 12 oz.
- Frozen Spinach: I have not tried using fresh spinach in this recipe, I used frozen. 10 oz works perfectly!
- Artichoke Hearts: You will need one 14 oz can of artichoke hearts for this recipe!
- Parmesan Cheese: This recipe calls for both grated and shredded parmesan cheese! 1/4 cup grated and 1/4 shredded.
- Mozzarella Cheese: Add 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese on top of this dip. Melty perfection!
- Garlic Powder: I’m a firm believer that garlic has a place in every savory recipe! 2 tsp adds the perfect flavor to this healthy appetizer.
- Salt & Pepper: Salt & pepper always! Add 1/2 tsp of salt and pepper to taste.
How to make Healthy Spinach & Artichoke Dip from scratch…
Set the oven to 350 degrees.
Thaw the frozen spinach. I do this by running the spinach under hot water until it thaws. I like to place the spinach in a strainer on top of a pot in the sink. You can run hot water over it and squeeze the spinach to get the water out through the strainer.
Next drain and chop the canned artichoke hearts.
In a large bowl combine the spinach, chopped artichoke hearts, cream cheese, and greek yogurt. Also add in the grated parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Combine evenly.
Transfer the dip to a large baking dish and spread evenly. Top with the shredded parmesan cheese and shredded mozzarella cheese.
Bake for 20 minutes. Then broil on high for 2-3 minutes, watching closely so it doesn’t burn.
Serve with tortilla chips, veggies, crackers, or even some fresh bread. And enjoy!!
How to best serve this Spinach & Artichoke dip…
You can serve this dip in so many ways! My favorite is with tortilla chips and raw veggies, but there are many more options too. Some fresh bread or crackers would be delicious. I even think roasted veggies would work perfectly!
Tips for storing & re-heating this healthy appetizer…
How to store this Healthy Spinach & Artichoke Dip!
This dip should not be left out on the counter for long at all. It should be refrigerated after first serving! I recommend storing it in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
How to best re-heat this healthy dip!
You can easily re-heat this dip in the microwave for thirty seconds to a minute depending on the amount you are reheating! You can also just microwave until the cheese gets deliciously melty. I have not tried re-heating in the oven, but I’m sure you could. I would heat the oven to 350, cover in foil, and bake for 15-20 minutes once again until the cheese is melty & delicious.
Need some other appetizer ideas? I’ve got you!
- Cold Parmesan Artichoke Dip
- Whipped Ricotta Crostini
- Healthier Sweet Potato Nachos
- Roasted Corn Caprese Pasta Salad
- Cheesy Cauliflower Rice Balls
Connect with me!
If you make this Healthy Spinach & Artichoke Dip or any of my other recipes I would absolutely love to know! Tag me @wellnessbykay on instagram, so I can see and share your recreations!!
Love this recipe? Leave a comment and a rating! I love to see and it helps me continue to develop delicious recipes for this blog.Print
Healthy Spinach & Artichoke Dip
This Healthy Spinach & Artichoke Dip is the best better-for-you appetizer recipe! It is cheesy, creamy, and full of savory goodness but is made lighter with a few healthy swaps. Made with greek yogurt and whipped cream cheese, this easy baked dip is perfect served with chips, raw veggies, and more!
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup non fat greek yogurt
- 12 oz whipped cream cheese
- 14 oz canned artichoke hearts
- 10 oz frozen spinach
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Set the oven to 350 degrees.
- Thaw the frozen spinach. I like to place the spinach in a strainer and run it under hot water. This thaws the spinach and also allows you to squeeze out the excess water through the strainer.
- Drain and chop the artichoke hearts.
- Combine the greek yogurt, whipped cream cheese, spinach, and chopped artichoke hearts. Also stir in the grated parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the dip to a large baking dish. Top with the shredded parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Broil on high for 2-3 minutes, watching closely so it doesn’t burn.
- Serve with tortilla chips & raw veggies. Enjoy!
Keywords: spinach and artichoke dip, spinach dip, health spinach and artichoke dip, healthy appetizer, appetizer recipe