Last Updated on August 26, 2022 by Kayla Berman
Mini Brownie Bites are the perfect homemade dessert recipe! Made in a mini muffin pan these bite-sized crinkle topped treats are chewy, fudgy, and perfect for snacking & sharing. These nostalgic brownies made from scratch are better than the box mix & the childhood favorite snack packs!
Perfect Bite-Sized Treat For Snacking & Sharing
Back in elementary school, it was automatically a great day if my mom packed me a Little Bites packet. More specifically, if the packet was of the fudge brownie variety! I mean what could be better than bite-sized, soft, chewy, and delicious brownies?
A homemade version actually! These Mini Chocolate Fudge Brownie Bites are indeed better than the store bought childhood classic. This easy recipe is still the perfect size for snacking and sharing, but is even more delicious!
They’re cheaper too, which is of course a bonus.
Mini brownies are loaded with rich chocolate flavor, have a gooey middle & crinkle tops, and will be sure to satisfy all your chocolate cravings!
These nostalgic treats are great to make for a party or just to have on hand for the week. They’re a perfect afternoon pick-me-up or sweet nightcap! They’re bound to be your new favorite dessert.
Homemade brownie bites are made with few and simple ingredients! Which I love … nothing complicated in this brownie mix. I’m sure you’ll already have most, if not all, ingredients on hand already!
- Dark Chocolate: A 3.5 oz dark unsweetened chocolate bar gives these bite size brownies an incredibly rich and delicious chocolate flavor. I recommend using good quality chocolate!
- Unsalted Butter: The base of these chocolate bites is unsalted butter. You’ll need 1/2 cup!
- Sugar: Add 1 cup of sugar to these brownies. It’s the perfect amount of sweetness.
- Eggs: This recipe calls for 2 eggs. They give extra moisture and help with binding!
- Cocoa Powder: Add 1/3 cup cocoa powder here. The higher the quality, the more delicious.
- Flour: You’ll also need all purpose flour. 2/3 cup is the perfect amount to keep these fudgy brownies perfectly textured!
- Vanilla Extract: 1 tsp of vanilla extract gives these brownies that classic taste. I think vanilla flavor actually enhances the chocolate flavor here!
- Salt: Lastly, add 1/4 tsp of salt to enhance the rest of the flavors and balance the sweet.
Substitutions & Additions
This easy brownie recipe is a pretty basic one! It’s a classic crinkle top, chocolatey brownie. That is delicious!! But you could also add some extra mix-ins to these bites to make them even more fun & tasty!
Here are some of my ideas:
- Peanut Butter Cups
- Peanut Butter Swirls
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Caramel Drizzle
You could mix in bite-size pieces or top the brownies with them!
How To Make This Recipe
Chocolate brownie bites are so simple to make from scratch! They’re perfect for an everyday dessert.
Plus their pre-cut shape makes for easy serving and minimal mess!
Step By Step Instructions
Step 1: Set the oven to 350 degrees.
Step 2: Next melt butter and dark chocolate together in a double boiler over low heat. Or in a medium saucepan!
Step 3: While the chocolate is melting, add the sugar and eggs to a large mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer for a couple of minutes until light & fluffy.
Step 4: Add the butter & melted chocolate mixture to the eggs & sugar. Add the vanilla extract as well. Stir to combine.
Step 5: Next to the wet ingredients in the large bowl add the dry ingredients – cocoa powder, flour, and salt. Combine evenly.
Step 6: Grease a mini muffin tin. Then transfer the brownie batter to the prepared pan and miniature muffin cups. You should make about 20. Bake brownie bites for 17 minutes.
Step 7: Enjoy!
To get crispy, crinkly tops beat the eggs and sugar! It’s a crucial step to make these bites extra delicious.
Don’t over mix the brownie batter! Over mixing could negate the beaten eggs and prevent the crinkle tops.
Make sure to grease the pan! If you’re not using liners.
Don’t over bake the brownies. That’s what keeps them extra fudgy!
Once the brownies are baked, bang the pan. I just love to do this with all my cookies and brownies. I think it helps them set, get beautifully cracked tops, and makes for the best brownie bites!
Allow the brownie bites to cool completely before removing from the pan.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can really use any mini muffin pan for this recipe! Here is a classic option.
But this silicon pan would make for such easy brownie bite removal.
If you’re looking to make more mini muffins recipes with the pan, check out my mini chocolate chip or veggie egg ones.
I actually used a small cookie scooper to fill these muffins! I highly recommend this because then you’ll have even sized brownies.
It’s about 1 1/2 tbsp in size. Here is a similar one!
Totally! I love these paper liners.
Let them cool to the touch. It’s hard to wait, but trust me it’s well worth it! The brownies need this extra time to fully set and form.
Once removed from the pan, you could also place on a wire rack to cool even further.
The key to getting little brownies out of the pan is greasing the pan! I use cooking spray before adding in the batter.
Then when the brownies are baked and cooled, I use a knife to get them out of the pan. I just press the knife gently into the bites to wiggle them out. It’s super easy!
These brownies are the perfect little sweet treat snack or dessert!
They would be absolutely perfect to throw in your kid’s lunch box for a school snack. Or your own box for work! Or at night, for a dessert option, warm them up and serve with vanilla ice cream.
It’s incredibly delicious and versatile!
Store fudgy brownie bites in an airtight container at room temperature. They will keep for 3-5 days. You can move to the refrigerator for longer storage.
Yes, totally! Transfer the bites to a freezer safe Ziploc bag or container and place in the freezer.
They will last for 1-2 months!
Love this recipe? Check out more delicious brownies below…
- Chocolate Tahini Brownies
- Gluten Free Slutty Brownies
- Dark Chocolate Zucchini Brownies
- Gluten Free Copycat Cosmic Brownies
- S’mores Brownies
- Fudgy Gluten Free & Dairy Free Brownies
Connect with me!
If you make this mini brownie bites recipe or any of my other recipes, I would absolutely love to know! Tag me @wellnessbykay on Instagram so I can see and share your recreations.
Love this recipe? Leave a comment and a rating! I love to see and it helps me continue to develop delicious recipes for this blog.Print
Mini Chocolate Fudge Brownie Bites
Mini Brownie Bites are the perfect homemade dessert recipe! Made in a mini muffin pan these bite-sized crinkle topped treats are chewy, fudgy, and perfect for snacking & sharing. These nostalgic brownies made from scratch are better than the box & the childhood favorite snack packs!
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 20 Brownie Bites 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- 3.5 oz dark chocolate bar (72% cacao)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Set the oven to 350 degrees.
- Next melt the dark chocolate and butter together in a double boiler over low heat.
- While the chocolate is melting, add the sugar and eggs to a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer for a couple of minutes until light & fluffy.
- Add the melted chocolate & butter mixture to the eggs & sugar. Add the vanilla extract as well. Stir to combine.
- Next to the wet ingredients add the dry ingredients – cocoa powder, flour, and salt. Combine evenly.
- Then transfer the brownie batter to a prepared mini muffin pan. You should make about 20 brownie bites.
- Bake for 17 minutes.
Keywords: brownie bites, mini brownies, mini brownie bites, mini fudge brownie bites, mini chocolate brownie bites, mini chocolate fudge brownie bites, fudge brownie bites, chocolate brownie bites