Let me introduce you to the best dessert there is. I would say the holy grail of desserts! Gluten Free Slutty Brownies. I’m sure we all know, but slutty brownies are pure perfection and a dream come true for anybody with a sweet tooth. They were truly a staple sweet at my middle school sleepovers … providing my best friends and I with an absolutely delicious treat and the ultimate sugar high. I recreated my childhood favorite and put my own spin on this epic Oreo brownie. My version is gluten free, dairy free, and although I wouldn’t go as far as to say its healthier … these brownies are definitely made with better-for-you ingredients! Trust me, you will absolutely love these brownies.
What are slutty brownies?
Now you may be wondering what exactly slutty brownies are… and I am here to tell you! They are a decadent triple layer treat with a chocolate chip cookie base, Oreo cookie middle, and a fudgy brownie top. These Gluten Free Slutty Brownies are made with a gluten free version of all of the above! I used my healthy chocolate chip cookie recipe for the base, gluten free Oreo cookies, and a spin on this brownie recipe for the top layer.
These brownies get their “slutty” name from being easy to make and a little bit filthy. They are literally all the things … rich, decadent, gooey, fudgy, and of course absolutely loaded with chocolate. Although I of course did not come up for the name of these cookie dough Oreo brownies, I can’t say I disagree with it!
Ingredients needed for Gluten Free Slutty Brownies…
These delicious Oreo stuffed brownies are gluten free and dairy free! They are made with mainly simple and wholesome ingredients such as nut butter, applesauce, and coconut sugar. Then you’ve of course got the star of the show … the gluten free Oreo cookies!
- Gluten Free Oreos: The true star of this delicious dessert is gluten free Oreo cookies! You can also swap these out for any similar gluten free cookie sandwich. You will need at least 9 cookies, but could also use more if you’d like!
- Cashew Butter: Cashew butter is the base of the chocolate chip cookie dough layer of these brownies! You will need 1/2 cup.
- Almond Butter: Almond butter is the base of the brownie layer! It gives the brownies a fudgy texture and rich taste. Add 1/4 cup.
- Coconut Sugar: Coconut sugar is my favorite granulated refined sugar free sweetener. You will need 1/4 cup and 1/3 cup separately in this slutty brownie recipe!
- Pure Maple Syrup: Pure maple syrup is additionally used in these brownies! Add 1 tbsp of the refined sugar free sweetener.
- Cocoa Powder: You will need 2 tbsp of cocoa powder to make the brownie layer deliciously chocolatey!
- Eggs: 2 eggs are needed for these gluten free slutty brownies!
- Applesauce: Applesauce is needed in the cookie and brownie layer of this dessert. It adds moisture and a subtle natural sweetness! You will need 3 tbsp in total.
- Almond Flour: Almond flour is the only flour used in this gluten free recipe! You will need 3 tbsp in the brownie layer and 2/3 cup in the cookie layer.
- Dairy Free Chocolate Chips: I love to use dairy free semi sweet mini chocolate chips, but you can really use any chocolate you have on hand and enjoy! You’ll need a total of 1/2 cup.
- Vanilla Extract: Vanilla extract gives these Oreo brownies the perfect flavor. Add 1 tsp in total!
- Baking Powder: Baking powder helps to bake these brownies to absolute perfection. Use 1/8 tsp for the brownie layer and 1/2 tsp for the cookie layer.
- Salt: Lastly, a pinch of salt brings out the sweetness in this treat!
How to make Gluten Free Slutty Brownies from scratch…
Start by setting the oven to 350 degrees.
Next begin making the cookie dough. In a large mixing bowl combine the cashew butter, coconut sugar, egg, applesauce, and vanilla extract until smooth. Then add in the almond flour, baking powder, and salt and combine. Stir in the chocolate chips. Place the cookie dough in the refrigerator to chill while you work on the brownie batter.
In the same or different mixing bowl, begin making the brownie batter. First combine the almond butter, applesauce, egg, coconut sugar, pure maple syrup, and vanilla extract until smooth. Add in the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt and combine. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Remove the cookie dough from the fridge and grease or line an 8×8 baking dish. Transfer the cookie dough to the dish and flatten evenly. Top with 9 Oreo Cookies. You could add more if you would like! Then top with the brownie batter, spread evenly, and ensure everything is coated.
Bake for 20 minutes.
Remove from the oven, let cool, and cut into your desired sized bars. Enjoy!
Gluten Free Slutty Brownies FAQ…
Where can I find gluten free Oreos?
You can find gluten free Oreos in most grocery stores these days! However, if you can’t find them you can swap the Oreos for a similar cookie sandwich. Like these!
How do I best store these Gluten Free Slutty Brownies?
You can store these brownies in an air tight container on your counter for about 5 days. If you want to keep them longer, I would suggest storing them in the refrigerator for ultimate freshness! They will last much longer in the fridge, probably about 2 weeks, but trust be they will be long gone before then.
Can I add any extra add-ins to these decadent brownies?
Yes! You can definitely add extra add-ins to make these brownies even more delicious and decadent. One route to go is to just add more Oreos! I also think peanut butter, caramel sauce, or m&m candies would be delicious! But you could truly throw anything into the mix.
Need more brownie recipes? I’ve got you covered…
- Rocky Road Brownies
- Perfectly Fudgy Dairy & Gluten Free Brownies
- Vegan Single Serve Brownie
- Brownie Batter Truffles
- Vegan Single Serve Brookie
Connect with me!
If you make these Gluten Free Slutty Brownies or any of my other recipes, I would absolutely love to know! Tag me @wellnessbykay on instagram so I can see and share your recreations!
Love this recipe? Leave a comment and a rating! I love to see and it helps me continue to develop delicious recipes for this blog.Print
Gluten Free Slutty Brownies
Gluten Free Slutty Brownies are the ultimate dessert recipe! A chewy chocolate chip cookie dough base, Oreo cookie middle, and fudgy brownie top makes these a truly decadent treat. Easy, homemade, gluten free, and dairy free too!
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 12 Brownies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp applesauce
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Set the oven to 350 degrees.
- Next begin making your cookie dough. Combine the cashew butter, coconut sugar, egg, applesauce, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add in the almond flour, baking powder, and salt and combine. Stir in the chocolate chips. Place in the refrigerator while you make the brownie batter.
- In the same or different bowl begin the brownie batter. Combine the almond butter, applesauce, egg, coconut sugar, pure maple syrup, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Next add in the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt and combine. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Remove the cookie dough from the fridge and flatten it into a greased or lined 8×8 baking dish.
- Place 9 Oreo cookies (or more!) on top of the cookie dough. Pour the brownie batter on top of the cookies and spread evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let cool, and cut in to your desired sized bars.
Keywords: brownies, slutty brownies, oreo brownies, gluten free slutty brownies, gluten free brownies, gluten free oreo brownies, gluten free dessert, brownie recipe