Last Updated on April 13, 2021 by Kayla Berman
Unless you are new here (which if you are welcome!), you know that my absolute favorite recipes to make are delicious sweet desserts and breakfasts! And those breakfast recipes are usually oatmeal and those desserts are most often chocolate chip. So these Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Overnight Oats are the epitome of my brand! They’re a delicious dessert turned into an even more delicious breakfast. Ugh, so good! These oats are decadent, creamy, and even healthy. They’re loaded with good-for-you ingredients like cashew butter, greek yogurt, and of course oats! If you make these simple oats for yourself, you will be waking up to dessert for breakfast for the whole week. So you simply must make them!
What are overnight oats?
I truly feel like oatmeal has evolved far beyond your classic stovetop oatmeal, although the classic is still a favorite of mine! But we’ve now got baked oatmeal, overnight oatmeal, quick cooking oatmeal, and even blended oats from TikTok. Out of all these delicious oatmeal options, creamy overnight oats are without a doubt one of my favorites! They are pretty simple and exactly what they sound like … oats that you make overnight.
The method is pretty simple! You mix all your ingredients together the night before and place in the fridge to have breakfast ready to go the next morning. Or you could make a big batch like this recipe and have a healthy breakfast prepared for the whole week. Either way it is such a great way to go! I love overnight oats because they are so easy, require no cooking, and are the creamiest version of oats in my opinion. Something about the soaking overnight part just gives this version of oats the perfect texture! Plus once you have a base overnight oat recipe you can customize it to pretty much any flavor. So good!
Ingredients needed for Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Overnight Oats…
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Overnight oats call for only a few simple, wholesome ingredients. Seven to be exact! These oats are so so simple to whip up and will leave you with a bunch of healthy breakfasts for the week. They can be gluten free (if you use gluten free oats!) and are refined sugar free!
- Greek Yogurt: The base of this overnight oats recipe is greek yogurt. It adds a nice boost of protein and truly makes the creamiest oats. You will need 1 cup!
- Cashew Butter: Cashew butter also helps the creaminess here and contributes to the cookie dough flavor of these oats. So yummy! Add 1/4 cup.
- Pure Maple Syrup: You guys know that pure maple syrup is absolutely one of my favorite refined sugar free sweeteners. It add such a rich & delicious flavor to any recipe! These oats call for 1/4 cup.
- Oats: I used old fashioned oats in this recipe, but I’m sure any type of oats would work. Add 2 cups!
- Oat Milk: You could actually use any milk you would like here, but I think this vanilla oat milk made this cookie dough oatmeal recipe extra delicious. You will need 1 cup!
- Chocolate Chips: Can’t have chocolate chip cookie dough oats without chocolate chips! I will always & forever use these dairy free semi sweet chips, but use whatever you like. You can add 2 tbsp or measure the amount with your heart!
- Vanilla Extract: 2 tsp of vanilla extract gives these oats the best flavor! Just like a delicious cookie dough.
How to make Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Overnight Oats…
In a large mixing bowl start by combining the greek yogurt, cashew butter, pure maple syrup, oat milk, and vanilla extract until smooth. A whisk may be helpful here.
Then add in the oats and chocolate chips. Stir until combined evenly.
Transfer the oats to an airtight container and place in the refrigerator overnight or for a few hours. That oats will be ready when they have thickened up and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
In the morning add a serving of the oats to a bowl, top with more cashew butter & a drizzle of honey if you would like, and enjoy!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Overnight Oats FAQ…
How do I best store these chocolate chip overnight oats?
These overnight oats are best stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator! They will stay fresh for about a week in the fridge.
Do I eat these overnight oats cold?
I think these overnight oats are best enjoyed cold right out of the fridge! I know some people heat up their overnight oats in the morning, but I prefer mine cold. Especially this recipe which includes greek yogurt. I don’t know about you guys but I don’t really want my greek yogurt hot!
What kind of oats work best for these healthy overnight oats?
I used old fashioned oats in this overnight oats recipe, as I do for all my oatmeal recipes. However, I think other types of oats would also work … such as rolled or quick cook!
Looking for more oatmeal recipes? Check out some of my favorites…
- Peanut Butter Banana Berry Baked Oatmeal
- Single Serve Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Oatmeal
- Coconut Cashew Oatmeal Cups
- Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats
- Simple Baked Oatmeal
Connect with me!
If you make Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Overnight Oats or any of my other recipes, I would absolutely love to know! Tag me @wellnessbykay on instagram so I can see and share your recreations!
Love this recipe? Leave a comment and a rating! I love to see and it helps me continue to develop delicious recipes for this blog.Print
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Overnight Oats
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Overnight Oats truly taste like a decadent dessert, but are actually a healthy breakfast! These deliciously creamy oats made with cashew butter, greek yogurt, and sweetened with pure maple syrup are a must make. Easy, simple, and you’ll have breakfast ready for the week!
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- In a large mixing bowl start by combining the greek yogurt, cashew butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and oat milk until smooth. A whisk may be helpful here.
- Next add in the oats and chocolate chips. Stir to combine.
- Transfer the oat mixture to an airtight container and place in the refrigerator overnight or for a few hours. The oats will be ready when they are thick, creamy, and most of the liquid has been observed.
- In the morning add a serving of the oats to a bowl and top with cashew butter, a drizzle of honey, and extra chocolate chips if you would like.
Keywords: overnight oats, oats, oatmeal, overnight oats recipe, cookie dough overnight oats, chocolate chip overnight oats