Last Updated on August 12, 2022 by Kayla Berman
I think we can all agree that banana bread is a truly classic sweet treat, one that every baker should have a recipe for! Since it’s a classic and a personal favorite of mine too, I’ve been working to create a truly perfect recipe for a while now. And this Easy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is just that!
It is made with all your classic ingredients and loaded with chocolate chips too, because I am a firm believer that chocolate belongs in banana bread. Lots of it! This chocolate chip banana bread is super easy to make too! You only need one bowl, no hand mixer, and about 15 minutes to whip up this scrumptious banana bread batter.
Then if you can stop yourself from eating all the batter by itself, a truly hard task, you can have your bread baked and ready to enjoy in under an hour. And trust me you will absolutely enjoy!!
A slice of this deliciously moist banana bread is perfect for breakfast with a cup of coffee or even for a nighttime dessert.
Ingredients needed for Easy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread…
This deliciously moist chocolate chip banana bread calls for all your classic banana bread ingredients. They’re easy, simple, and I can almost guarantee you’ve already got them in your pantry!
- Bananas: You will need about 4 very ripe bananas for this recipe. 1 1/2 cups of mashed banana to more exact!
- Butter: 1/2 cup of melted butter makes this bread absolutely delicious and perfectly moist!
- Coconut Sugar: Coconut sugar is my granulated sugar of choice. It is refined sugar free and adds such a rich taste to any treat. Add 1/2 cup!
- Eggs: This perfect chocolate chip banana bread calls for 2 eggs.
- All Purpose Flour: You will need 1 1/4 cup of all purpose flour for this quick bread!
- Chocolate Chips: I love to use these dairy free semi sweet chocolate chips, but you can use any chocolate chips you like. Use 1/2 cup in the batter and a little more on top!
- Vanilla Extract: 2 tsp of vanilla extract gives this chocolate chip banana bread the best flavor.
- Baking Powder: Baking powder, 2 tsp, is used to get a perfectly soft & fluffy texture here!
- Salt: Add 1/4 tsp salt to bring out the sweetness in this delicious banana bread!
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread swaps…
- Whole Wheat Pastry Flour: You can swap the all purpose flour in this recipe for whole wheat pastry flour. It will give this banana bread a nutritional boost while still keeping that soft and moist texture we all know and love. I haven’t tested this exact recipe with whole wheat pastry flour, but the two flours can almost always be used interchangeably in baked goods. The swap works perfectly in my zucchini bread!
- Applesauce: If you don’t have quite enough mashed banana to make a full 1 1/2 cups you can top it off with applesauce. You of course will want to get as close to the full measurement as possible to really get that delicious banana flavor, but if need a little more applesauce is a great substitution!
- Nuts: Nuts are a great substitution for the chocolate chips in this easy, one bowl banana bread! You could use walnuts, pecans, or even peanuts for a perfectly nutty banana bread. Or even use nuts in addition to the chocolate chips to get the best of both worlds out of this delicious banana bread!
How to make super moist Chocolate Chip Banana Bread…
This super moist chocolate chip banana bread is as easy as can be to make! It requires only one bowl, no hand mixer, and 15 minutes of prep time.
First set the oven to 350 degrees.
Next in a large bowl mash your bananas. Add in the coconut sugar, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla extract and combine until smooth.
Then add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Combine evenly. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Transfer the batter to a greased or lined loaf tin. Top with extra chocolate chips and sprinkle of salt. Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Let cool, cut into slices, and enjoy!
That’s it! One bowl, a little mixing and baking, and then you’ll have the best chocolate chip banana bread ready to devour.
How to best store Easy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread…
You can store this one bowl banana bread on the counter in an airtight container for 3-4 days. I recommend this method of storing to keep this bread as soft, moist, and delicious as possible!
However if you would like to store for longer, this bread will keep fresh in the fridge in an airtight container for about 10 days. To keep for the longest time, store in the freezer. It will last 1-2 months and you can simply pop a slice in the microwave when the craving for the best chocolate chip banana bread in the world hits!
Okay best banana bread in the world could be a bit of an exaggeration but this banana bread truly is some of the best I’ve tasted! I’m sure you’ll agree too.
Check out some similar recipes of mine…
- Apple Banana Muffins with Cinnamon
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- Whole Wheat Banana Nut Muffins
- Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats
- Banana Blueberry Muffins
Connect with me!
If you make Easy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread or any of my other recipes, I would absolutely love to know! Tag me @wellnessbykay on instagram so I can see and share your recreations!
Love this recipe? Leave a comment and a rating! I love to see and it helps me continue to develop delicious recipes for this blog.
Easy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Easy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is truly the best! This one bowl recipe is perfectly soft & moist, loaded with chocolate, and only takes 15 minutes to prep. Once you try this recipe, you’ll never need another one!
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 50 Minues
- Total Time: 50 minute
- Yield: 8 Slices 1x
- Category: Breakfast/Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Set the oven to 350 degrees.
- Next in a large mixing bowl mash your ripe bananas.
- Add in the melted butter, coconut sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract. Combine until smooth.
- Then add the all purpose flour, baking powder, and salt and combine evenly.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer to a greased or parchment paper lined loaf tin. Top with extra chocolate chips and a sprinkle of salt.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool, cut into slices, and enjoy!
Keywords: banana bread, banana bread recipe, chocolate chip banana bread, moist banana bread, easy banana bread recipe, one bowl banana bread recipe