Last Updated on May 3, 2022 by Kayla Berman
Spring has sprung my friends! The season of longer and warmer days, blooming flowers, and of course lemon desserts. Now i’ve already shared my absolute favorite sweet lemon treat, my lovely lemon loaf. But I wanted to bring that ultimate spring flavor to a savory recipe too! A Simple Lemon Parmesan Pasta sounded truly amazing, and trust me when I tell you … it came out even better than it sounded. This spaghetti recipe is everything I love … cheesy, creamy, and carby! It’s loaded with flavor from grated parmesan cheese, freshly squeezed lemon juice, and of course lots and lots of garlic. It is light, easy, and the perfect recipe for a springtime dinner!
Ingredients needed for Simple Lemon Parmesan Pasta…
As you can probably tell by the name, this recipe is super quick and easy to make! It also only requires about five ingredients plus salt and pepper, but those don’t count in my opinion! Not only is it simple as can be, but this recipe is also super customizable. You can add as much or as little lemon juice, salt, and pepper as you like! You can even add extra garlic or parmesan cheese. I recommend adjusting the measurements until you get your perfect dish!
- Pasta: You will need 1 lb of pasta for this recipe! I recommend using spaghetti, but you can of course use any shape you like.
- Butter: Butter is the delicious base of this simple lemon pasta sauce. You will need 6 tbsp!
- Parmesan Cheese: Parmesan cheese is probably the star of the show here. I don’t know about you guys but I always load up on it on my pasta and this recipe is no different! Add 3/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Lemons: This recipes calls for the juice of 1 – 1 1/2 lemons. It is fresh, delicious, and adds a wonderful zest to this pasta!
- Garlic: Garlic! Another one of my must haves in any pasta recipe. Add 4 minced cloves here!
- Salt & Pepper: Add salt and pepper to taste.
How to make Simple Lemon Parmesan Pasta…
Start by boiling your water, add a pinch of salt, and your past. Cook according to the box and as you would any other pasta. Make sure to keep your pasta water as you will need it for the sauce.
While your pasta is cooking. Add the butter to a large pan and melt over low to medium heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté for a few minutes until fragrant.
Once your pasta is cooked to your liking add to the pan with the butter and garlic. Add the parmesan cheese, lemon juice (1 – 1 1/2 lemons), and pasta water. Toss your pasta to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste as well. You may have to add the cheese a little at a time.
Serve with an extra squeeze of lemon, parmesan cheese, and fresh parsley. Enjoy!
How to best serve Simple Lemon Parmesan Pasta…
This lemon pasta can be served as a side or as a main dish! It would work deliciously on the side of some grilled chicken perhaps, or even salmon.
As it is rather simple on it’s own for a main dish, I would add a protein and vegetables. I think chicken sausage, or again grilled chicken or salmon, would be delicious on top! For vegetables, a primavera pasta vibe would be delicious. Add broccoli, zucchini, and some colorful bell pepper. So yum!
Need more easy dinner recipes? I’ve got you covered…
Connect with me!
If you make this Simple Lemon Parmesan Pasta or any of my other recipes I would absolutely love to know! Tag me @wellnessbykay on instagram, so I can see and share your recreations!!
Love this recipe? Leave a comment and a rating! I love to see and it helps me continue to develop delicious recipes for this blog.Print
Simple Lemon Parmesan Pasta
Simple Lemon Parmesan Pasta is an easy and light recipe, perfect for a springtime dinner! Loaded with grated parmesan cheese, fresh lemon juice, and lots and lots of garlic … this flavorful pasta is great on its own, as a side dish, or with added protein. Creamy, cheesy, and delicious!
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6 Servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 lb pasta
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 – 1 1/2 lemons (depending on taste!)
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup pasta water
- 4 cloves garlic
- Start by boiling your pasta water, add a pinch of salt, and your pasta. Cook according to the box and as you would any other pasta. Make sure to keep your pasta water, you will need it for the sauce.
- While the pasta is cooking, add the butter to a large pan over low to medium heat and melt. Add the garlic and sauté for a few minutes until soft and fragrant.
- Once done cooking, add the pasta to the pan with the butter and garlic. Add the parmesan cheese (little by little if needed), lemon juice, and pasta water. Toss to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with an extra squeeze of lemon, parmesan cheese, and fresh parsley. Enjoy!
Keywords: pasta, lemon parmesan pasta, lemon pasta, easy pasta, simple pasta, simple pasta recipe, parmesan cheese, spaghetti recipe
I am not a red sauce person and this was the perfect alternative!
I am convinced that adding a pinch of salt and my past to boiling water made this recipe outstanding!