I am team fudgy brownie through and through. And I’m going to be honest, I simply do not, and probably never will, understand you if you are not. Cakey brownie lovers … I am so glad you’re here because these Perfectly Fudgy Dairy & Gluten Free Brownies will change your mind. They will convert you to the other side! The better side. The side of perfectly ooey-gooey fudgy brownies full of melt in your mouth chocolatey goodness.
These brownies are do dang decadent and delicious that not only will you be a fudgy brownie fan from here on out, but you will never be able to tell that they are healthier for you! I mean I’m not going to lie, these brownies are rich, sweet, and oh-so-chocolatey but they are also made with simple, wholesome ingredients. Perfectly fudgy brownies are completely gluten, dairy, and refined sugar free. They’re also paleo friendly!
What you need to make these gluten free & dairy free brownies…
These deliciously fudgy brownies are undetectably gluten free and dairy free! They are also refined sugar free … making them super allergy friendly & able to be enjoyed by almost anyone! And all it took were some simple swaps. Coconut oil for butter, coconut sugar instead of white sugar, and almond flour in place of all purpose!
Plus these brownies come together with less than 10 simple ingredients. We love to see it!
- Dairy Free Chocolate Chips: I recommend using dairy free semi sweet chocolate chips. This is my favorite kind and 1 cup is the perfect amount!
- Coconut Oil: 1/2 cup of refined coconut oil
- is used in this recipe. Make sure to use refined, un-refined or virgin coconut oil will leave your brownies tasting like coconut!
- Coconut Sugar: My favorite granulated sugar option is coconut sugar! It is refined sugar free and is what goes in most of my treats. 2/3 cup will do!
- Eggs: 2 eggs are used in this fudgy gluten free brownie recipe! They are whipped up to help make that signature crinkly top in a brownie.
- Almond Flour: Almond flour is a grain free & gluten free flour! It is also a favorite of mine. You will need 1/4 cup for these brownies!
- Cocoa Powder: 1/4 cup of cocoa powder gives these dairy free brownies the perfect chocolate flavor!
- Vanilla Extract: I’m always a sucker for vanilla extract & think it helps make these treats taste even chocolatier! Add in 1 tsp.
- Baking Powder: 1/2 tsp of baking powder helps to perfectly bake these brownies.
- Salt: Last but not least, salt! 1/4 tsp is all you need.
How to make Perfectly Fudgy Dairy & Gluten Free Brownies…
Set the oven to 350 degrees.
In a microwave safe bowl combine the coconut oil and dairy free chocolate chips. Melt in the microwave. I like to cook in 10-15 second intervals, stirring between each one, until the chocolate is fully melted.
Next transfer the melted chocolate to a large mixing bowl if it is not already in one. Add in the coconut sugar, vanilla extract, and combine evenly.
In a separate bowl whisk the two eggs for about a minute and until they are slightly foamy with bubbles on the top. Then add the whisked eggs to the melted chocolate mixture. Combine until smooth.
Next add in the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Stir until just combined.
Transfer the brownie batter to a greased or lined 8×8 baking dish. Spread out evenly and bake for 25 minutes.
Remove from the oven, let cool, and cut into squares. Enjoy!
Tips for perfect brownies every time…
Whisk the eggs for perfect crinkly brownie tops!
Like mentioned in the instructions, you don’t just add the eggs straight into this batter and mix! You want to whisk the eggs on their own for about a minute, until slightly foamy and bubbly. To be honest with you guys, I don’t know the exact science of how this works but I do know that egg whisking leads to a crinkly, crunchy brownie top!
Bake these brownies only for the allotted time!
For perfectly fudgy brownies, you do not want to over bake them! You might be skeptical that these brownies are ready after the 25 minutes, but trust me they are. The brownies will cook even after you remove them from the oven and set completely while the cool. This helps them become the most perfect brownie texture! And plus under baked is always better than over baked when it comes to a brownie.
Let cool completely before cutting into these gluten free brownies!
This tip goes hand in hand with the one above! These brownies have to set after they come out of the oven. Since they are super ooey-gooey even when cool, these brownies are even more so when fresh out of the oven! Your brownies could fall apart and create quite the mess if you cut into them too soon. They of course would still be delicious, so if you simply cannot resist … go right ahead. I do not blame you!
How to store Perfectly Fudgy Dairy & Gluten Free Brownies…
You can store these gluten free brownies in an airtight container on the counter for 2-3 days, in the fridge for about a week, or in the freezer for 2-3 months!
Need more brownie recipes? You are in the right place!
- Paleo Sweet Potato Brownies
- Peanut Butter Pretzel Brownies
- Fudgy Vegan Chickpea Brownies/
- Rocky Road Brownies
Connect with me!
If you make these Perfectly Fudgy Dairy & Gluten Free Brownies or any of my other recipes I would absolutely love to know! Tag me @wellnessbykay on instagram, so I can see and share your recreations!!
Love this recipe? Leave a comment and a rating! I love to see and it helps me continue to develop delicious recipes for this blog.Print
Perfectly Fudgy Dairy & Gluten Free Brownies
Perfectly Fudgy Dairy Free & Gluten Free Brownies are the best homemade chocolate treat! These ooey-gooey brownies are so decadently delicious, you would never believe they are healthier than your classic brownie. Made with coconut oil and almond flour, these from scratch brownies are truly better than the box mix!
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 9–12 Brownies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup refined coconut oil
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Set the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, or a separate microwave safe bowl, melt the dairy free chocolate chips and coconut oil. I do this in the microwave in 10-15 second intervals, stirring in between each, until melted. Transfer the melted chocolate to the mixing bowl if it is not already there.
- Add in the coconut sugar and vanilla extract. Combine until smooth.
- In a separate bowl whisk the two eggs for about a minute until slightly foamy and some bubbles have formed. Add the whisked eggs to the batter and combine.
- Next add in the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Stir until just combined.
- Transfer the brownie batter to a greased or lined 8×8 baking dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool, cut into squares, and enjoy!
Keywords: brownies, gluten free brownies, dairy free brownies, healthy brownies, fudgy brownies, brownie recipe, healhy brownie recipe