Last Updated on May 3, 2022 by Kayla Berman
When it comes to dinner I want easy, delicious, and most of the time cozy. Especially in these cold winter months! Bonus points if the dinner recipe is all of the above, but also has a vegetable or two thrown in there. Makes me feel healthy you know? Anyway, Family Favorite One Pot Pasta checks off all those boxes and more! Made with ground beef, broccoli, and jarred tomato sauce … this pasta is perfectly creamy, but light at the same time. It is a simple and comforting meal that my whole family absolutely loves, hence the name!
Ingredients you need to make Family Favorite One Pot Pasta…
This delicious meal is as easy to make as a dinner could possibly be! It requires less than ten ingredients to make, plus salt and pepper of course. And that’s my favorite thing about this one pot pasta. It truly tastes like a fancy dinner, but requires nothing fancy to make it! Simple ingredients and simple seasonings is all you need.
- Pasta: Pasta is of course the base of this all in one meal! 5 cups of any (dry) pasta will work!
- Ground Beef: The meat used in this recipe is ground beef. However, you could swap this for ground turkey or chicken if you would like. You’ll need 1 lb.
- Broccoli: 1 head of broccoli is added to this one pot pasta for the vegetable and a little green.
- Pasta Sauce: Add 1 24 oz jar of pasta sauce to this recipe! Use your favorite or one you have on hand.
- Beef Broth: Beef broth adds such a delicious flavor to this meal, it truly cannot be skipped! 4 cups is perfect.
- Water: Water is not really an ingredient, but it is used in this recipe so I thought I’d add it! You will need 3 cups. I recommend filling the empty pasta sauce jar with water and using that in order to get all the sauce & flavor out of the jar!
- Petit Diced Tomatoes: I love the little bite of texture diced tomatoes add to this pasta! I used a 14.5 oz can of petit diced tomatoes because I like smaller chunks, but feel free to use whatever type of diced tomatoes you enjoy!
- Marscapone Cheese: Marscapone cheese is truly the game changer in this recipe. A little bit goes a long way in making this one pot meal deliciously flavorful and creamy. You’ll need 1/2 cup.
- Garlic Powder: Gotta love garlic! I truly believe all pasta needs it. This particular pasta calls for 2 tsp.
- Italian Seasoning: Italian seasoning to bring out all those Italian flavors in this pasta dish. Add 1 tsp.
- Salt & Pepper: Salt & Pepper to taste as always!
How to make this cozy all in one meal…
Start by washing and chopping the broccoli into bite sized chunks or your desired size.
Next in a large pot brown your ground beef. Season with salt and pepper as it cooks. Once done, remove from the pot and set aside.
To the same pot add in the pasta sauce, beef broth, water, pasta, and broccoli. Also add in the garlic powder, italian seasoning, and more salt & pepper. Combine thoroughly.
Bring everything to a boil. Once boiling cook for about 13 minutes, or until the pasta is cooked to your liking.
Next turn the heat down to low. Add the beef back into the pot along with the marscapone cheese and diced tomatoes. Add salt & pepper to taste. Mix everything and continue to cook for a few minutes for all the flavors to combine.
That’s it! I recommend serving with some parmesan cheese on top.
You’ll need the following kitchen tools for this Family Favorite One Pot Pasta…
The number one best thing about this recipe, besides the fact that it is absolutely delicious, is that it is all made in one pot! I mean that is pretty self explanatory, but I just had to reiterate it because of what it means. Minimal mess, limited clean up, and less dishes to wash up … literally all the good things!
Besides the one pot you will need some basic kitchen tools. This includes a cutting board, sharp knife, cooking utensil, can opener, and an extra bowl or two. You will also of course need dry measuring cups, liquid measuring cups, and measuring spoons.
If you are as excited about the all in one, limited process of this recipe, you’ll also love these dinner recipes. My Sheet Pan Salmon with Broccoli & Potatoes and Sheet Pan Sausage & Peppers.
Check out some other recipes I’ve been loving lately…
- Perfectly Fudgy Dairy & Gluten Free Brownies
- Sheet Pan Salmon with Broccoli & Potatoes
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet
- Chicken Veggie Meatballs
Connect with me!
If you make this Family Favorite One Pot Pasta or any of my other recipes I would absolutely love to know! Tag me @wellnessbykay on instagram, so I can see and share your recreations!!
Love this recipe? Leave a comment and a rating! I love to see and it helps me continue to develop delicious recipes for this blog.Print
Family Favorite One Pot Pasta
Family Favorite One Pot Pasta is an easy & delicious dinner recipe! Made with ground beef, broccoli, tomato pasta sauce and marscapone cheese … this all in one pasta is creamy & cozy, but light at the same time. A simple weeknight dinner that is sure to be your family’s new favorite!
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6 Servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: One Pot
- Cuisine: Italian
- 5 cups (dry) pasta
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1/2 cup marscapone cheese
- 14.5 oz can of petit diced tomatoes
- 24 oz jar of pasta sauce
- 4 cups beef broth
- 3 cups water
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Start by washing and chopping the broccoli into bite sized chunks.
- Next in a large pan, brown the ground beef. While cooking season with salt and pepper. Once done, remove from the pan and set aside.
- To the same pot add the pasta sauce, beef broth, water, pasta, and broccoli. Also add the garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Combine thoroguhly.
- Bring everything to a boil. Once boiling cook for about 13 minutes or until the pasta is cooked to your liking.
- Lower the heat and add the beef back in as well as the marscapone cheese and diced tomatoes. Add more salt and pepper to taste. Let simmer for a few minutes for all the flavors to combine.
- Serve with parmesan cheese and enjoy!
Keywords: one pot pasta, ground beef one pot pasta, dinner recipe, creamy pasta, easy dinner recipe, easy recipe, one pot recipe
This was the perfect, winter dinner! We made it according to the recipe and then added some kale towards the end. So good!!
Yay! Im so so glad you enjoyed Taylor, adding kale sounds delicious!