Last Updated on August 9, 2022 by Kayla Berman
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Oatmeal Bars are the perfect breakfast, snack, or dessert! Made with real pumpkin, pure maple syrup, old fashioned oats, and lots of warm cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice … these healthy bars are a great way to enjoy all the fall flavors. They’re vegan, deliciously soft & chewy, and easy to make too!
If you just can’t get enough of pumpkin spice, my Pumpkin Energy Balls are another fabulous fall flavored breakfast or snack option.
Ultimate Fall Season & Pumpkin Spice Bars
It’s the season of pumpkin spice and everything nice! I am throwing the warm, fall, pumpkin spice flavor into everything these days.
I’m talking coffee, creamer, ice cream, pretzels, cookies … you freaking name it! But my latest and greatest way to enjoy the flavor is through Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Oatmeal Bars.
I mean pumpkin spice AND chocolate all in one breakfast bar … what’s not to love?!
Oatmeal pumpkin breakfast bars call for all simple and healthy ingredients! They come together to make a recipe that is sure to satisfy all your pumpkin cravings.
- Pumpkin: Can’t make healthy pumpkin bars without pumpkin! You will need 1 cup pumpkin puree.
- Oats: These bars call for 1 cup of old fashioned oats!
- Flour: A tiny bit of all purpose flour is also used in this recipe. 1/4 cup to be exact!
- Coconut Oil: Refined coconut oil is needed here to keep things deliciously moist! Make sure to use refined coconut oil, as unrefined or virgin tastes like coconut. Add 1/3 cup melted!
- Pure Maple Syrup: Pure maple syrup is the main source of sweetness in this recipe. It is a rich & delicious refined sugar free sweetener. You will need 1/4 cup!
- Coconut Sugar: This recipe also calls for a bit of coconut sugar, another refined sugar free sweetener. Add 2 tbsp!
- Dairy Free Chocolate Chips: The use of dairy free chocolate chips in these pumpkin bars helps to keep things vegan! I love these mini semi sweet dairy free chips and use them in all my baking. You’ll need 1/4 cup plus a little extra!
- Pumpkin Pie Spice & Cinnamon: Pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon are truly the stars of this show! They give these bars that warm fall flavor we all know and love. Add 1 tsp of cinnamon and 2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice.
- Vanilla Extract: You will also need 1 tsp of vanilla extract in these oatmeal bars!
- Baking Powder: A touch of baking powder helps bake this recipe to perfection. 1/2 tsp is just the right amount!
- Salt: Lastly add a pinch, 1/4 tsp, of salt to enhance all the delicious flavors here.
Substitutions & Additions
There are a few substitutions and additions you can make to this pumpkin recipe for it to meet your personal preferences or needs.
Oats: I used old fashion oats in this recipe, but I think any kind should work! Like rolled or quick oats.
You can also easily make these bars gluten-free by using certified gluten-free oats.
Coconut Sugar: I love coconut sugar because it is a great refined sugar free option, but it could be swapped with brown sugar. Or even white sugar!
Flour: For a more nutritious bar you could replace the all purpose flour here with whole wheat flour.
Nuts & Seeds: Nuts or seeds would be a great addition to this recipe! They would add a perfect crunch. Perhaps pumpkin seeds, peanuts, walnuts, or almonds.
How To Make This Recipe
These oatmeal pumpkin bars are one of my simplest recipes to make. All you do is mix up the ingredients in one bowl and then bake!
You’ll be tasting the delicious flavors of fall in under 30 minutes.
Step By Step Instructions
Step 1: Set the oven to 350 degrees.
Step 2: Then in a large bowl add the pumpkin, pure maple syrup, coconut sugar, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Combine until smooth.
Step 3: Next add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients – oats, flour, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and salt. Combine evenly.
Step 4: Stir in the chocolate chips.
Step 5: Transfer the mixture to a greased or parchment paper lined 8×8 baking dish. Spread evenly and top with extra chocolate chips and pumpkin pie spice.
Step 6: Bake for 20 minutes.
Step 7: Let cool, cut into squares, and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Everyone’s opinion on healthy is different and I am not a dietician or nutritionist, but in my opinion these oat bars are definitely a healthy option.
They are made with delicious and nutritious ingredients like old fashioned oats, real pumpkin, coconut oil, and pure maple syrup.
Pumpkin chocolate chip oatmeal bars are only lightly sweetened and are a much better-for-you option than most pumpkin baked goods! They’re dairy free, vegan, and refined sugar free too.
These bars are so versatile and can be enjoyed in many different ways! They make for an easy grab & go breakfast, are great snacks, and are a delicious healthy dessert recipe.
My personal favorite way to enjoy them is cold, straight out of the fridge, and in a yogurt bowl. I throw some blueberries, peanut butter or almond butter, and honey in and it is the perfect morning meal.
But these bars are also delicious warm! Straight out of the oven or heated up in the microwave.
You can store this recipe in an airtight container at room temperature for a couple of days. However, since these are pretty soft and moist I recommend moving to the refrigerator if storing any longer than that.
I myself LOVE to store these in the fridge the whole time though. They get this deliciously chewy texture and are perfect for me to pop into my morning yogurt bowls.
Yes, totally! Just transfer the bars to a freezer safe bag or container and place in the freezer. They’ll keep for a couple of months.
Love this recipe? Check out some similar recipes below..
- Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookie Bars
- Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal
- Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Granola Bars
- Strawberry Banana Baked Oatmeal
- Chocolate Cherry Oat Bars
- Healthy Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Bars
- Chocolate Chip Apple Breakfast Cookies
- Single Serve Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Oatmeal
Connect with me!
If you make Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bars or any of my other recipes I would absolutely love to know! Tag me @wellnessbykay on Instagram, so I can see and share your recreation.
Love this recipe? Leave a comment and a rating! I love to see and it helps me continue to develop delicious recipes for this blog.Print
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Oatmeal Bars
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Oatmeal Bars are the perfect breakfast, snack, or dessert! Made with real pumpkin, pure maple syrup, old fashioned oats, and lots of warm cinnamon & pumpkin pie spice … these healthy bars are a great way to enjoy all the fall flavors. They’re vegan, deliciously soft & chewy, and easy to make too!
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 9 Bars 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Set the oven to 350 degrees.
- Then in a large mixing bowl add the pumpkin, pure maple syrup, coconut sugar, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Combine until smooth.
- Next add in your dry ingredients – oats, flour, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and salt. Combine evenly.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the mixture to a greased or lined 8×8 baking dish. Spread evenly and top with extra chocolate chips & pumpkin pie spice.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let cool, cut into squares, & enjoy!
Keywords: Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Oatmeal Bars, Pumpkin Oatmeal Bars, Healthy Pumpkin Oatmeal Bars, Pumpkin Breakfast Bars, Oatmeal Bars