Last Updated on September 8, 2022 by Kayla Berman
Although we are a little past prime strawberry season, I can’t get the beautiful juicy red fruit off my mind. Or off my plate and out of my recipes! Strawberry Banana Baked Oatmeal seemed like the only logical way to feed the craving. And boy did it work!
Strawberry Banana Baked Oatmeal is the perfect make ahead breakfast! It is full of fresh fruit, naturally sweetened with banana & pure maple syrup, and is of course easy to make. This healthy recipe can be served for brunch and even works great as meal prep too!
It is sure to make your busy mornings easier, and a whole lot tastier.
Is baked oatmeal healthy?
Yes, baked oatmeal is definitely healthy! Although I am not a nutritionist or registered dietitian, so do not take my words for absolute truth, I do believe that oatmeal is always a healthy breakfast option.
Especially this Strawberry Banana Baked Oatmeal! It is packed with fresh fruit, healthy fats, and complex carbs. The oats themselves are also loaded with nutrients. They are whole grain and a great source of vitamins, minerals, & fiber.
This oatmeal will also keep you full for hours! Plus you get all these benefits in the form of a truly delicious morning meal.
Ingredients needed for Strawberry Banana Baked Oatmeal…
All you need for this oatmeal is a few healthy, wholesome, and simple ingredients! This recipe is dairy free & vegan too. It can even be gluten free if you use certified gluten free oats!
- Oats: You can’t make oatmeal without oats! I love to use old fashioned, but I think rolled or quick oats would most likely work as well. You’ll need 2 cups!
- Banana: Lots of bananas are used here to naturally sweeten this oatmeal and of course add a delicious flavor. Add 2 mashed bananas to the oats and 1 sliced on top!
- Strawberries: Strawberries & banana go together like peanut butter & jelly! You’ll need 1/2 cup of chopped strawberries to compliment this Banana Baked Oatmeal.
- Nut Butter: Add the nut butter of your choice to this baked oatmeal. It adds a yummy flavor, a creamy texture, and some healthy fats too! 1/4 cup is the perfect amount. I used cashew butter!
- Maple Syrup: I love to use pure maple syrup in a lot of my sweet treat and oatmeal recipes. It is a refined sugar free, delicious sweetener. Add 1/4 cup!
- Almond Milk: I always use unsweetened vanilla almond milk in my recipes, but feel free to use the milk of your choice! You will need 1 1/3 cup.
- Vanilla Extract: 2 tsp of vanilla extract add that classic taste & flavor here.
- Baking Powder: Add baking powder to bake these oats to perfection. 2 tsp is great!
- Salt: You’ll need a little bit of salt to balance out the sweet here! 1/4 tsp to be exact.
How to make Baked Oatmeal with Strawberries and Bananas….
Strawberry Banana Baked Oatmeal really is so so easy to make! You pretty much mix & bake.
Here’s how to do it!
Set the oven to 400 degrees.
Then in a large mixing bowl mash 2 bananas. Add the nut butter, almond milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Combine evenly.
Next add in the dry ingredients – oats, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the chopped strawberries.
Then transfer the oatmeal mixture to a large baking dish. I used a 9×9 dish. Spread evenly and top with 1 banana sliced & extra sliced strawberries.
Bake for 25 minutes. Let cool, cut into squares, and enjoy!
And that’s all it takes to have a delicious breakfast on your table in not time at all!
How to make this easy strawberry & banana baked oatmeal recipe ahead of time…
This easy baked oatmeal recipe is the perfect recipe to make ahead of time! Simply prepare during the weekend or in the beginning of the week and store in the fridge. Then you’ll have a healthy breakfast ready to go for the whole week!
This oatmeal recipe is guaranteed to make your busy mornings a whole lot easier. And tastier too!
How to best enjoy Strawberry Banana Oatmeal…
I enjoy this baked oatmeal like I would enjoy a classic bowl of oatmeal! I typically add some nut butter, extra fruit, and a drizzle of honey on top of these oats to make the perfect breakfast. But the topping options are truly endless.
I also love to add a splash of almond milk to the slices of this oatmeal before heating up because it tends to get a bit dry in the fridge. A splash is all you need to fix it right up!
Storing this breakfast recipe…
I recommend storing this breakfast recipe in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will keep fresh for about 1 week! Then you can simply pop a square in the microwave to heat up for a delicious & healthy breakfast on a busy morning.
This baked oatmeal recipe can also be frozen! It will keep for 1-2 months there.
Looking for more baked oatmeal flavors? Check out the ones below…
- Brownie Baked Oatmeal
- Almond Joy Baked Oatmeal
- Simple Baked Oatmeal
- Peaches and Cream Oatmeal
- Peanut Butter Banana Berry Baked Oatmeal
- Veggie Packed Baked Oatmeal
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread Baked Oatmeal
Connect with me!
If you make Strawberry Banana Baked Oatmeal or any of my other recipes, I would absolutely love to know! Tag me @wellnessbykay on instagram so I can see and share your recreations.
Love this recipe? Leave a comment and a rating! I love to see and it helps me continue to develop delicious recipes for this blog.
Strawberry Banana Baked Oatmeal
Strawberry Banana Baked Oatmeal is the perfect make ahead breakfast! It is full of fresh fruit, naturally sweetened with banana & pure maple syrup, and is of course easy to make. This healthy vegan recipe can be served for brunch and even works great as meal prep too! It is sure to make your busy mornings easier, and a whole lot tastier.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6 Servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Set the oven to 400 degrees.
- Then in a large mixing bowl mash 2 bananas.
- Add the nut butter, almond milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Combine evenly.
- Next add in the dry ingredients – oats, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in the chopped strawberries.
- Then transfer the oatmeal mixture to a large baking dish. I used a 9×9 dish.
- Spread evenly and top with 1 banana sliced & extra sliced strawberries.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool, cut into squares, and enjoy!
Keywords: Strawberry Banana Oatmeal, Strawberry Banana Baked Oatmeal, Baked Oatmeal with Strawberries and Banana, Banana Baked Oatmeal