Last Updated on December 30, 2020 by Kayla Berman
I know some people think of oatmeal as a sad and boring breakfast option. A bowl of mush if you will. But I completely disagree! And if you are here reading this post, I’m sure you do too. Oatmeal is a perfect vessel for all sorts of delicious things! I love to load up my bowls with fruit, nut butters, honey, chocolate chips, seeds … the list could literally go on and on. I also love to create endless new flavor combinations of baked oatmeal, as I’m sure you know if you follow me on instagram. My latest and might I say greatest flavor is Peanut Butter Banana Berry Baked Oatmeal. I know, quite a mouthful of a name but it’s indicative of the deliciousness of the recipe!!
In my opinion, oatmeal is one of the best breakfasts out there and I would and sometimes do eat it everyday! This baked oatmeal is full of complex carbohydrates and even more nutrients if you load up on wholesome toppings or add ins like I love to do. This helps to keep me perfectly full and satisfied for hours! If you find yourself hungry after eating your typical bowl of oatmeal, this recipe is for you.
Ingredients needed for Peanut Butter Banana Berry Baked Oatmeal…
This easy vegan breakfast recipe is full of all healthy ingredients! It makes for the perfect meal prep recipe. Simple to make and delicious to eat throughout the whole week! Plus what’s better than knowing you’ve got breakfast covered for each morning?
- Bananas: This oatmeal is completely naturally sweetened with bananas! 2 will do.
- Peanut Butter: 1/4 cup of creamy peanut butter adds a delicious flavor to this oatmeal, as well as healthy fats to keep you satisfied.
- Oats: Simply can’t have baked oatmeal without oats. I used 2 cups of old fashioned oats!
- Almond Milk: I always use unsweetened vanilla almond milk, but you can use whatever milk you have on hand or enjoy! 3/4 cup is perfect.
- Blueberries: Use 1/2 cup of blueberries or a different berry of your choice in this recipe.
- Vanilla Extract: 1 tsp of vanilla adds the perfect flavor!
- Cinnamon: 1 tsp of cinnamon as well. Plus more on top!
- Baking Powder: Use 2 tsp of baking powder to give this oatmeal bake a little rise.
- Salt: A sprinkle of salt to bring out the rest of the flavors here!
You’ll need only basic kitchen tools for this recipe!
This recipe requires only the very basic kitchen tools! You’ll need the following…
- large mixing bowl
- measuring spoons
- measuring cups
- liquid measuring cup
- 8×8 baking dish
- mixing spoon
- basic utensils
How to make this healthy breakfast recipe..
Set the oven to 400 degrees.
In a large mixing bowl mash the bananas. Then add in the peanut butter, almond milk, and vanilla extract. Combine evenly.
Add in the oats, cinnamon, baking powder, and a sprinkle of salt. Combine.
Stir in the blueberries.
Transfer the oatmeal mixture to a greased 8×8 baking dish. Spread evenly. Add more blueberries and a sprinkle of cinnamon on top.
Bake for 20 minutes.
Let cool, cut into squares, and enjoy!
Serving and storing Peanut Butter Banana Berry Baked Oatmeal
How to store…
This oatmeal needs to be refrigerated! I would not recommend leaving it sitting out for any long period of time. Once you remove from the oven, let cool completely, cut into squares, and then place in an airtight container to store in the fridge. This vegan oatmeal bake will last for about 1 week.
How to serve…
I recommend serving a slice of this baked oatmeal warm with some peanut butter, honey, and extra berries on top! Simply heat up a slice for about 45 seconds in the microwave, add your toppings, and enjoy. Makes for the perfect easy, delicious, and healthy morning meal!
Need more healthy breakfast ideas? Check these out…
- Chocolate Chip Apple Breakfast Cookies
- Maple Cinnamon Pecan Granola
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread Baked Oatmeal
- Sweet Potato Veggie Egg Bake
Connect with me!
If you make this Peanut Butter Banana Berry Baked Oatmeal or any of my other recipes I would absolutely love to know! Tag me @wellnessbykay on instagram, so I can see and share your recreations!!
Love this recipe? Leave a comment and a rating! I love to see and it helps me continue to develop delicious recipes for this blog.Print
Peanut Butter Banana Berry Baked Oatmeal
Peanut Butter Banana Berry Baked Oatmeal is the best make ahead, meal prep breakfast! This healthy recipe is made with all wholesome ingredients, is completely vegan, and is naturally sweetened with banana. Simply heat one of these oatmeal bars up for breakfast to make your mornings as easy and delicious as can be!
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4–6 Servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 2 bananas
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- sprinkle of salt
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Set the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl mash the bananas. Add in the peanut butter, almond milk, and vanilla extract. Combine evenly.
- Add in the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Combine.
- Stir in the blueberries.
- Transfer the oatmeal mixture to a greased 8×8 baking dish. Spread evenly and top with more blueberries and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let cool, cut into slices, and enjoy!
Keywords: baked oatmeal, oatmeal recipe, healthy breakfast, banana berry baked oatmeal, peanut butter banana baked oatmeal, oatmeal, healthy recipe