Last Updated on February 3, 2021 by Kayla Berman
If you are in need of a healthy, satisfying, and delicious breakfast option you are in the right place. My favorite breakfast option that is always all of the above is baked oatmeal. I’ve already got tons of flavors on here, but I’m not slowing down any time soon. And this Almond Joy Baked Oatmeal might just be my favorite yet! This creamy and coconutty healthy baked oatmeal with melty chocolate chips is the answer to all of your breakfast troubles. It is the perfect recipe to make in the beginning of the week and then enjoy throughout. Basically everything I’m sure you’re looking for and more!
What you need to make Almond Joy Baked Oatmeal…
Almond Joy Baked Oats are made with all healthy ingredients and are loaded with healthy fats to help keep you full and satisfied all day! This recipe is also gluten free, if you use certified gluten free oats. Lastly its completely vegan and refined sugar free too!
- Oats: I always used old fashioned oats in my oatmeal recipes! You will need 2 cups.
- Shredded Coconut: This recipe calls for 1/2 cup shredded coconut. Make sure to use unsweetened!
- Almond Butter: I love how creamy and delicious almond butter makes this recipe! Add 1/4 cup of a runny and smooth almond butter.
- Almond Milk: You’ll need 1 1/2 cups of almond milk. I always use unsweetened vanilla almond milk, but you can really use any milk you would like!
- Applesauce: I love applesauce for the moisture and subtle natural sweetness it adds. 1/2 cup is the perfect amount.
- Coconut Oil: Normally in my recipes I say to use refined coconut oil, but here you will actually want unrefined or virgin for the coconut taste! This recipe calls for 2 tbsp melted.
- Pure Maple Syrup: Pure maple syrup gives this oatmeal bake the perfect level of sweetness. It is a great refined sugar free option! Add 3 tbsp.
- Dairy Free Chocolate Chips: I always use dairy free semi sweet mini chocolate chips. You can measure with your heart, but a more exact amount is 1/4 cup!
- Vanilla Extract: Vanilla extract for that perfect flavor. Add 2 tsp.
- Baking Powder: You will need 2 tsp of baking powder for this oatmeal bake to bake perfectly.
- Salt: Add 1/8 tsp of salt to bring out the rest of the delicious flavors in this recipe!
How to make Almond Joy Oatmeal Bake…
Set the oven to 400 degrees.
In a large mixing bowl combine the almond butter, applesauce, melted coconut oil, pure maple syrup, almond milk, and vanilla extract until smooth.
Then add in the oats, shredded coconut, baking powder, and salt. Combine evenly. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Transfer the oatmeal mixture to a greased or lined 8×8 baking dish. Spread evenly and top with extra chocolate chips, shredded coconut, and a sprinkle of salt.
Bake for 25 minutes.
Let cool completely, cut into squares, and enjoy!
Storing & serving this healthy baked oatmeal…
How to best serve these oatmeal bars?
Almond Joy Baked Oats can be served however you like! I recommend serving warm with a splash of almond milk, drizzle of honey, and fresh berries. Almond butter would also be delicious on top!
How to best store this baked oatmeal?
This baked oatmeal needs to be refrigerated. I recommend storing it in an airtight container for up to a week! You can also freeze for longer if you would like.
How to re-heat and serve this for breakfast?
This baked oatmeal is super easy to heat up for breakfast in the morning! Simply grab a square from the fridge and heat for 40-60 seconds in the microwave. Top how I described above!
Need more delicious oatmeal recipes? Check these out..
- Peanut Butter Banana Berry Baked Oatmeal
- Simple Baked Oatmeal
- Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal with Candied Pecans
- Coconut Cashew Oatmeal Cups
Connect with me!
If you make Almond Joy Baked Oatmeal or any of my other recipes I would absolutely love to know! Tag me @wellnessbykay on instagram, so I can see and share your recreations!!
Love this recipe? Leave a comment and a rating! I love to see and it helps me continue to develop delicious recipes for this blog.Print
Almond Joy Baked Oatmeal
Almond Joy Baked Oatmeal is a delicious, healthy and satisfying breakfast option! This vegan chocolate chip oatmeal is loaded with healthy fats from almond butter, shredded coconut, and coconut oil to keep you full all morning. A perfect meal prep recipe too, just warm one of these oatmeal bars up in the morning for a quick, easy, and tasty meal!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 9 Squares 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp unrefined or virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Set the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the almond butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, applesauce, almond milk, and vanilla extract.
- Next add in the oats, shredded coconut, baking powder, and salt. Combine evenly.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the oatmeal mixture to a greased or lined 8×8 baking dish. Spread evenly and top with extra chocolate chips, shredded coconut, and a sprinkle of salt.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool, cut into squares, and enjoy!
Keywords: baked oatmeal, oatmeal recipe, healthy breakfast, almond joy oatmeal, almond joy baked oatmeal, healthy oatmeal, chocolate coconut oatmeal