Last Updated on May 3, 2022 by Kayla Berman
A few weeks back on my Instagram stories, I asked you guys what recipes you wanted to see more of. The most popular answer was easy, healthy dinners. And I could not agree more with that … I am alway looking for some good tasting, and good-for-me, dinner recipes! So I have been working on some for you guys, and one of my favorites has absolutely been this Easy Chicken Stir Fry. Its colorful, loaded with flavor, and comes together so quickly. It is absolutely perfect for a busy weeknight or even as meal prep!
This recipe is actually inspired by a stir fry I usually make with my sister! We fry up some veggies and a meat, either ground beef or chicken, and typically use store bought sauce. Although these sauces are easy, they do not typically have the best ingredients. So I decided to make a simpler and better-for-you version from scratch. And trust me it is just as easy as the store bought stuff!
Ingredients needed for Easy Chicken Stir Fry…
This healthy chicken stir fry with vegetables is made with all simple and whole foods. You basically need chicken, vegetables, soy sauce, and some seasoning! It is also a super customizable recipe. You can switch up the vegetables in this recipe and serve over rice, noodles, or just eat as is. Totally up to you!
- Chicken Tenders: You will need 1 lb of chicken tenders for this recipe. Chicken breast will also work!
- Broccoli: Chopped broccoli is one of the main vegetables used in this recipe! Add in one head.
- Bell Peppers: You will need two bell peppers for this recipe, you can use any color you like. I did red and yellow!
- Yellow Onion: This recipe calls for 1 whole yellow onion!
- Soy Sauce: The base of the sauce in this healthy stir fry is soy sauce. Use 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp!
- Honey: Honey adds a delicious sweetness to this sauce. You will need 2 1/2 tbsp.
- Garlic Powder & Ginger: Garlic powder and ginger work together perfectly to give this easy stir fry a delicious flavor! The ginger especially helps this taste authentic. You will need 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder and 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- Olive Oil: Olive oil is used to fry up both the chicken and vegetables in this recipe! You will need 3 tbsp.
- Salt & Pepper: Salt and pepper always!
How to make this healthy Easy Chicken Stir Fry from scratch…
Start by chopping up your vegetables. Chop the broccoli into bite sized chunk and cut both the peppers and onions into thin slices. Also cut your chicken into strips.
Next add 1 tbsp of the olive oil to a pan over medium heat. Add your chicken, season with salt and pepper, and cook until browned on both sides and cooked through. Remove from the heat once done.
To a separate pan (or same one if it is large enough) add 2 tbsp of the olive oil and your chopped vegetables. Add the garlic powder, ginger, and some pepper. Sauté for about 10 minutes or until soft.
Next lower the heat slightly and add in the soy sauce and honey. Sauté for another another few minutes.
Lastly add the chicken back into the pan. Simmer for about 5 minutes to allow all the flavors to combine. You can also add salt or pepper to taste at this point.
Serve over rice and enjoy!
How to make the perfect stir fry…
Do I cook the chicken or vegetables first in a stir fry?
I recommend cooking the chicken first! This way the chicken can get nice and browned in the pan by itself first. Then remove the chicken, add the vegetables and cook until soft, and then add the chicken back! This also makes sure the chicken doesn’t overcook.
How do I prevent a bland stir fry?
The key to this stir fry is the seasoning and spices! I think this chicken stir fry is bursting with flavor already, but if you want some more simply add more. You can always add garlic powder, ginger, and pepper to taste! You can even add a splash more of soy sauce or honey. That’s what’s perfect about stir fry … super easy to adjust as you go!
You’re a saucy person? Double it!
I decided to add this section to this easy stir fry post because if you are a sauce person, I totally understand you. My family and I are all about the sauce and you can almost always find us doubling it! If that’s you too, feel free to do that with this recipe. You can just double the soy sauce, honey, garlic powder, and ginger measurement.
How to best store and serve this Easy Chicken Stir Fry…
I recommend serving this stir fry over some rice with an extra drizzle of soy sauce. That is how I enjoyed it and it was absolutely delicious! I think you could also serve over some noodles, although I haven’t tried that.
This easy dinner recipe can be stored in an air tight container in the fridge for about a week. It can even be made as a meal prep recipe and just re-heated throughout the week for dinner! Just pop in the microwave for about a minute and you will be set.
Need some more easy dinner ideas? I’ve got you!
- Sheet Pan Salmon with Broccoli and Potatoes
- Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Bake
- Taco Stuffed Peppers
- Chicken Veggie Meatballs
Connect with me!
If you make this Easy Chicken Stir Fry or any of my other recipes I would absolutely love to know! Tag me @wellnessbykay on instagram, so I can see and share your recreations!!
Love this recipe? Leave a comment and a rating! I love to see and it helps me continue to develop delicious recipes for this blog.Print
Easy Chicken Stir Fry
Need an easy and healthy dinner recipe? Easy Chicken Stir Fry with vegetables is your answer. This asian inspired dish is made with broccoli, bell peppers, ginger, and a delicious honey garlic sauce. It is perfect served over rice for an easy weeknight dinner or even as meal prep!
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Asian
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1 head broccoli
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 yellow onion
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp soy souce
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Start by chopping your vegetables. Chop the broccoli into bite sized chunks and cut the peppers and onion into thin slices.
- Next cut the chicken tenders into strips.
- Add 1 tbsp of the olive oil to a pan and place over medium heat. Add the chicken in, season with salt and pepper and cook until browned on both sides and cooked through. Remove from the heat.
- To the same pan (or a bigger one if needed) add 2 tbsp of olive oil, broccoli, peppers, onion, garlic powder, and ground ginger. Also add some pepper.
- Sauté for about 10 minutes or until soft.
- Lower the heat and add in the soy sauce and honey. Simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the cooked chicken back into the pan. Mix everything together and simmer for another 5 minutes for all the flavors to combine. You can also add salt and pepper to taste at this point.
- Serve over rice and enjoy!
Keywords: easy chicken stir fry, easy stir fry, healthy stir fry, chicken stir fry with vegetables, easy dinner, healthy dinner, dinner recipe