Broccoli and cheddar. A tried and true combo. I mean it is always so good. In everything! Broccoli & cheddar soup, broccoli & cheddar casseroles, and always a classic … plain old broccoli covered in cheese. Its a great way to get kids and adults alike to enjoy their veggies! Anyway thought i’d try this combo in the form of an easy and healthy breakfast. Plus I threw in some bacon so I knew it would be good. And let me tell you, it was 100% a good idea on my part. This Broccoli Cheddar Egg Bake with Turkey Bacon is truly phenomenal. It’s cheesy, flavorful, and a perfect way to make your weekday breakfasts a little less boring!
Ingredients needed for this Broccoli Cheddar Egg Bake…
Not only is this Broccoli Cheddar Egg Bake absolutely delicious, but it is also a healthy breakfast option! This bake is low carb, gluten free, and even has a vegetable in it. We love to see it ahah! Lastly, this bake is made with less than ten simple and whole ingredients.
- Broccoli: You of course need broccoli for this broccoli cheddar egg bake! You will need 1 head.
- Yellow Onion: This recipe calls for 1/2 of a yellow onion. It adds delicious flavor to this egg bake!
- Turkey Bacon: Turkey bacon is such a great addition to this recipe! You can totally leave it out or swap with regular bacon. Add 5 slices.
- Eggs: You will need 8 eggs for this egg bake!
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese: Cheddar cheese … the best ingredient in here. Add 1/2 cup plus a little extra on top!
- Garlic Powder: You will need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder for this breakfast recipe.
- Olive Oil: A little olive oil is needed to sauté up the veggies! Use 1 tbsp.
- Salt & Pepper: Salt & pepper to taste!
How to make this cheesy egg bake…
Set the oven to 400 degrees.
Start by cooking the five slices of turkey bacon according to the package instructions.
While the bacon is cooking, chop the onion finely and the broccoli into small bite sized chunks.
Once the bacon is done remove from the pan and cute into small slices. Add the broccoli and onion into the same pan along with the olive oil. Add salt and pepper and sauté for 5-10 minutes or until relatively soft.
While the vegetables are cooking, whisk the eggs in a bowl. Add in the cheddar cheese, garlic powder, salt (1/4 tsp), and pepper. Combine evenly.
Add the vegetables to a large greased baking dish. Add in the chopped turkey bacon as well. Mix together. Pour the egg mixture on top and make sure all the mix ins are covered.
Add an extra sprinkle of cheese if you would like. Bake for 20 minutes.
Let cool, cut into 8 squares, and enjoy!
Broccoli Cheddar Egg Bake FAQs…
How to best store this breakfast casserole?
I recommend storing this breakfast egg casserole in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It should stay fresh for about a week!
How do I re-heat this broccoli cheddar egg bake?
This egg bake is actually very easy to re-heat in the morning whenever you want a quick and tasty breakfast! Simply pop a slice in the microwave for about 30-40 seconds.
What substitutions can I make with this breakfast recipe?
You can actually make tons of substitutions with this recipe, it is super customizable! You can use a different vegetable than broccoli, a different cheese, and change up the bacon or just leave it out.
Need some more easy, healthy breakfast recipes? I got you!
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Granola
- Peanut Butter Banana Berry Baked Oatmeal
- Best Ever Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Chocolate Chip Apple Breakfast Cookies
- Sweet Potato Veggie Egg Bake
Connect with me!
If you make this Broccoli & Cheddar Egg Bake with Turkey Bacon or any of my other recipes, I would absolutely love to know! Tag me @wellnessbykay on instagram so I can see and share your recreations!
Love this recipe? Leave a comment and a rating! I love to see and it helps me continue to develop delicious recipes for this blog.Print
Broccoli Cheddar Egg Bake with Turkey Bacon
Broccoli & Cheddar Egg Bake with Turkey Bacon is a delicious, easy, & healthy breakfast option. It is gluten free, low carb, and is a great morning source of veggie! This cheesy casserole is guaranteed to make your busy mornings easier and a whole lot tastier. A true must make!
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 8 Squares 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 5 slices of turkey bacon
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Set the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook the turkey bacon according to the package instructions.
- While the turkey bacon is cooking, chop the onion finely and the broccoli into small bite sized chunks.
- Once the bacon is done, remove from the pan and cut into small chunks.
- Add the veggies into the same pan with the olive oil. Add salt and pepper and sauté for 5-10 minutes until decently soft.
- While the veggies are cooking, mix the eggs in a bowl. Add the cheddar cheese, garlic powder, 1/4 tsp salt, and pepper. Combine evenly.
- Remove the veggies from the heat and add to a large greased baking dish. Also add in the chopped turkey bacon and spread evenly. Pour the egg mixture on top and make sure all the mix ins are covered.
- Sprinkle some extra cheese on top if you would like. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let cool, cut into squares, and enjoy!
Keywords: egg bake, broccoli cheddar egg bake, egg casserole, healthy egg bake, broccoli cheddar egg casserole, healthy breakfast, easy breakfast