It probably comes as no secret to you all that I have created this recipe with Valentine’s Day in mind. I’m thinking the delicious and festive red decorations were a sure give away! Anyway, Healthy Freezer Fudge. It’s decadent, rich, and oh so chocolatey but made with all healthy and simple ingredients. A truly perfect combination! This fudge is a treat I would love to enjoy with my boyfriend on this holiday, but alas I do not have one! So I will be enjoying by myself and with my roommates. Which we still be just as fun and definitely as delicious! But hopefully I can live vicariously through some of you on your more romantic Valentine’s Day filled with this healthy fudge!
What you need to make Healthy Freezer Fudge…
Like I said this fudge is made with only a few ingredients … all simple and healthy! This recipe is also completely vegan and gluten free, honestly without me trying to do so … the ingredients are just so simple. Anyway, I’m sure lots of you already have these ingredients on hand so I cannot wait to see your recreations!
- Almond Butter: Almond butter has a neutral flavor that works perfectly in this fudge! You could also use cashew butter or peanut butter, which will give a strong peanut flavor. You’ll need 1/2 cup.
- Coconut Oil: Make sure to use refined coconut oil in your freezer fudge. Unrefined or virgin coconut oil tastes like coconut and will make your fudge taste like coconut too. Add 1/3 cup!
- Pure Maple Syrup: You will need 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp of pure maple syrup for this recipe! It adds such a delicious flavor and is also refined sugar free.
- Cocoa Powder: Cocoa powder gives this fudge that delicious and rich chocolatey-ness. Making up that word! Add 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp.
- Dairy Free Chocolate Chips: 1/2 cup of dairy free chocolate chips just ups the deliciousness in this fudge! More chocolate is always better.
- Vanilla Extract: Add 1 tsp of vanilla extra to your healthy fudge!
- Salt: Add a pinch or two of salt. Pretty much to your liking.
- Toppings: My favorite part … the toppings! I went with extra chocolate chips, freeze dried strawberries (both powdered and whole), and cocoa powder. You could also add sprinkles or even a chocolate drizzle!
How to make Healthy Freezer Fudge…
Start by combining the almond butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract on the stove over low heat.
One melted down, combined, and smooth remove from the heat. Stir in the chocolate chips and add salt to taste.
Transfer the fudge mixture to a baking pan or dish. I recommend a loaf pan or something similar in size. Anything larger would make the fudge too thin, but you could also use a larger dish and place something in half of it so that the fudge only takes up the other half and isn’t spread too thin.
Place in the freezer for about 30 minutes or until set. You’ll know it is done when it is hard to the touch.
Then place in the fridge for another 15-30 minutes. The idea is that you want the fudge to still stay solid, but also able to be cut into squares.
Remove from the fridge and cut into squares.
For toppings you can do whatever you like! I placed some chocolate chips on top, sprinkled with cocoa powder & freeze dries strawberries that I crushed, and also placed some large chunks of the strawberries into some squares. I think sprinkles or a drizzle of chocolate would be fun too !
And that’s it, enjoy!
How to store this chocolate freezer fudge…
You can simply store this healthy freezer fudge in your fridge. It cannot be left out for too long, because it will definitely start to melt a little! I recommend storing in the fridge in an airtight container and taking out a square or two when that chocolate craving hits.
This fudge will stay fresh for about a week or week and a half in the fridge. If you have some leftover after that, you can also move to the freezer and store for much longer!
Check out some other delicious chocolate treats! I know you’ll love them…
- Perfectly Fudgy Dairy & Gluten Free Brownies
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet
- Peanut Butter Crunch Cups
- Healthy Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Connect with me!
If you make this Healthy Freezer Fudge or any of my other recipes I would absolutely love to know! Tag me @wellnessbykay on instagram, so I can see and share your recreations!!
Love this recipe? Leave a comment and a rating! I love to see and it helps me continue to develop delicious recipes for this blog.Print
Healthy Freezer Fudge
Healthy Freezer Fudge is the perfect Valentine’s Day treat. It is rich, decadent, and delicious but still vegan, gluten free, and refined sugar free! Made with almond butter, coconut oil, and pure maple syrup … this easy treat is sure to be hit. Plus you can decorate this healthy fudge with sprinkles, chocolate chips, freeze dried strawberries, and more!
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: 24 Squares (Depends on how you cut) 1x
- Category: No Bake
- Method: Freezer
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup refined coconut oil
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- pinch of salt
- Toppings: chocolate chips, freeze dried strawberries or raspberries, cocoa powder, melted chocolate, sprinkles
- Start by combining the almond butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract on the stove over low heat until melted & smooth.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate chips. Add salt to taste.
- Transfer the fudge mixture to a baking pan or dish. I recommend a loaf pan or something similar in size.
- Place in the freezer to set for about 30 minutes. You’ll know its ready when it is hard to the touch.
- Then place in the fridge for another 15-30 minutes. You want the fudge to stay solid, but not too frozen where you cannot cut into it.
- Remove from the fridge and cut into squares.
- For toppings do whatever you like! I sprinkled with cocoa powder and crushed up freeze dried strawberries. I also placed chocolate chips & chunks of the strawberries on a few squares.
- Store this fudge in an airtight container in the fridge.
Keywords: healthy fudge, healthy freezer fudge, chocolate fudge, chocolate freezer fudge, fudge recipe, valentines day recipe, valentines day fudge