Last Updated on June 5, 2023 by Kayla Berman
Air Fryer S’mores are a quick, easy, and delicious dessert recipe! Made in under 5 minutes with only 3 ingredients – golden graham crackers, ooey-gooey marshmallows, and melty chocolate – the summertime classic treat is moving indoors. Now you can satisfy your s’mores craving with only a countertop appliance, no campfire or open flame needed!
It’s truly the perfect dessert to enjoy at a backyard summer barbecue, serve at a birthday party, or just prepare for yourself as a midnight snack.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Did you know you can make s’mores in the air fryer? Well good news, you absolutely can. I know … the information is life changing!
The beloved summertime treat – ooey-gooey toasted marshmallows and melty rich chocolate smashed between two golden brown graham crackers – is no longer an outdoor only delight. It’s moving on in!
You can recreate the classic in under 5 minutes with only a countertop appliance and 3 ingredients. No campfire or open flame needed. Plus the best part is, now you can enjoy s’mores all year long!
They’re great for serving too! You can quickly whip up a big batch of air fried smores and serve them at your next summer barbecue, birthday party, or to the whole family.
Or better yet? Make a single or double serving and enjoy s’more for yourself!
This easy dessert recipe calls for 3 simple ingredients! You know them, you love them…
- Graham Crackers: Just as in classic s’mores … air fried s’mores require good old graham crackers. They’re the perfect vessel for their melty, gooey counterparts.
- Chocolate: On top of one of the graham cracker squares goes chocolate. Any type of chocolate! I personally prefer a Hershey’s milk chocolate bar. But white chocolate or dark chocolate bars should work as well!
- Marshmallows: I’m not sure if this is a hot take, but I’m saving the best for last here. Marshmallows! In my personal opinion they are the most important part of any s’mores. They can make or break it! One second too long roasting (or air frying) and your perfectly ooey-gooey s’more can turn into a burnt mess.
Now let’s get the indoor campfire going!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Air Fryer
- Optional: Toothpicks
How To Make Air Fryer S’mores
Making s’mores in the air fryer is as easy as can be! You can have the summertime classic in 5 minutes with no open fire need. Right in the cozy comfort of your own kitchen!
It does require a little testing to see exactly how your air fryer performs, but after the first round you’ll be good to go. You’ll be cranking out the perfect indoor s’mores – melty chocolate, gooey marshmallows, and crispy graham crackers – like it’s your job.
Step 1: Assemble graham crackers. Place the graham cracker halves on a plate. Add the marshmallow to one half and the chocolate pieces to the other half. I recommend breaking the marshmallow in half and placing the sticky side down. This helps it not fall off in the air fryer.
Step 2: Air fry marshmallow. Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees. Once preheated, carefully add in the graham cracker half with the marshmallow. Air fry for 2-3 minutes, the exact cooking time will depend on your air fryer. I recommend testing one s’more out first and seeing what time works the best.
Step 3: Smash the s’mores. Remove the graham cracker from the air fryer and quickly place the other one with the chocolate pieces on top of the marshmallow. Squish them together so the marshmallow melts the chocolate.
Step 4: Serve & enjoy! Enjoy perfect s’mores without the need for a campfire.
While I am a sucker for the classic s’mores combination – a crunchy graham cracker, melty marshmallow, and creamy Hershey’s chocolate – there are endless variations you could create instead.
- Add Fruit: Sandwich some fresh strawberry or banana slices in between the melted chocolate and marshmallow for a fruity flare.
- Switch Up The Chocolate: Using a different piece of chocolate instead of the typical milk chocolate is such fun way to spruce up your s’more. Reese’s peanut butter cups, cookies & cream chocolate bars, or a chocolate caramel would all add a delicious extra flavor.
- Make It Mini: You could use chocolate chips and mini marshmallows in place of the square of chocolate and large marshmallows. This might be a bit more difficult and messy, but could be fun!
- Ditch The Graham Cracker: Who says classic honey graham crackers have to be the bread on the s’mores sandwich? Not me! You could try this recipe out with anything! Perhaps chocolate graham crackers, Ritz crackers, saltines, pretzels, or even chocolate chip cookies.
- Add A Spread: I think it would be absolutely divine to add a spread of some sort on one piece of graham cracker here. Like peanut butter, gooey caramel, chocolate sauce, or cookie butter. YUM!
After many trials and errors, I have created the perfect air fryer s’mores recipe! I’ve learned these tips along the way:
- Some air fryers have extra powerful fans, which circulate the hot air, but may cause your marshmallow to blow off the top of the graham cracker during the cooking process. To do this, I recommend breaking the marshmallow in half and placing the sticky side of the marshmallow halves down. This will help it stick to the cracker!
- Additionally, you can use a tooth pick to secure the halved marshmallow to the cracker. If neither of these two tips keep the marshmallow from blowing off, don’t worry! It is not too big of a deal – all you’ll have to do it pop it back on.
- Since every air fryer model is different the perfect frying time for air fried s’mores will vary. Therefore if you are making a big batch of this easy dessert, I would do a tester s’more first. This way you can adjust the time accordingly for the remaining s’mores.
- Lay your graham cracker halves in the air fryer basket in a single layer for the best results. Depending on the size of your basket and how many s’mores you want to make, you’ll probably have to air fry in multiple rounds.
- Once your marshmallow is air fried to ooey-gooey perfection on top of the graham cracker, add the other side with the chocolate quickly. You want the marshmallow to still be nice and hot so the residual heat can melt the chocolate perfectly!
When & How To Serve
Here’s more times this recipe is fabulous for:
- Can’t Be Bothered To Go Outside: This recipe is especially perfect when you or your kids are craving the ooey-gooey campfire classic, but you are simply not about to go outside and start a fire. That is way too much! Just pre-heat the air fryer instead.
- Serving S’mores: The typical way of preparing s’mores with the open flame and slow roasted marshmallows is not quite suited for serving to a crowd. But the air frying method most definitely is! You can quickly create multiple s’mores in your air fryer, toss ’em on a platter, and serve as the perfect dessert at your next backyard barbecue or cookout.
- Midnight Snack: Air fried s’mores are the perfect late night snack for one! You can make a super easy, single serving, sweet treat in under 5 minutes with the countertop appliance.
Yes, you can line your air fryer with both parchment paper and aluminum foil!
This is a great way to make cleaning your air fryer after you are done using it super easy. Any mess will get on the lining, rather than the air fryer itself. Which is great!
Just make sure that you don’t completely cover the air fryer, more-so just the area where the food will be. Most air fryers circulate hot air to cook the food and depending on the air fryer you are using, over-lining could block the airflow and affect the cooking.
I personally think the best chocolate to use is a Hershey’s milk chocolate bar. It just makes for the most delicious treat!
Every air fryer is different, so the instructed time and temperature may be too high for your specific model. Which could lead to burnt s’mores.
If this happening to you I recommend air frying for less time or trying a lower temperature, perhaps 380-390 degrees F.
Air fryers have fans that circulate hot air, which is what cooks the food, but can also blow the marshmallow off the graham cracker since it is so light.
Check out my Expert Tips section of the blog post to avoid this!
I do not recommend storing leftover s’mores. They do not keep well and should be enjoyed immediately!
However if you really do want to save some for later, I think your best best would be in an airtight container at room temperature for no longer than 24 hours.
More Summer Desserts
- Healthy Cottage Cheese Ice Cream
- Crescent Roll Peach Cobbler
- S’mores Brownies
- Frozen Greek Yogurt & Granola Bars
- Strawberry Jam Sheet Cake
- Cherry Pie Crumble Bars
Quick & Easy Desserts
- Air Fryer Peaches with Cinnamon
- Dark Chocolate Berry Bark
- Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Dip
- Small Batch No Bake Cookies
- Cream Cheese Caramel Apple Dip
- Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels
Connect With Me!
If you make this s’mores recipe or any of my other recipes, I would absolutely love to know! Tag me @wellnessbykay on Instagram so I can see and share your recreations.
Love this recipe? Leave a comment and a rating! I love to see and it helps me continue to develop delicious recipes for this blog.Print
How To Make Air Fryer S’mores (Easy, Delicious, 5 Minutes)
Air Fryer S’mores are a quick, easy, and delicious dessert recipe! Made in under 5 minutes with only 3 ingredients – golden graham crackers, ooey-gooey marshmallows, and melty chocolate – the summertime classic treat is moving indoors. Now you can satisfy your s’mores craving with only a countertop appliance, no campfire or open flame needed! It’s truly the perfect dessert to enjoy at a backyard summer barbecue, serve at a birthday party, or just prepare for yourself as a midnight snack.
- Cook Time: 5 Minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 Serving 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Air Fryer
- 1 graham cracker, broken in half
- 1 marshmallow
- 1/4 Hershey’s milk chocolate bar (3 pieces)
- Place each graham cracker half on a plate. Add the marshmallow to one half and the chocolate pieces to the other half. I recommend breaking the marshmallow in half and placing the sticky side down. This helps it not fall off in the air fryer.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees. Once preheated, carefully add in the graham cracker half with the marshmallow. Air fry for 2-3 minutes, the exact time will depend on your air fryer. I recommend testing one s’more out first and seeing what time works the best.
- Remove the graham cracker from the air fryer and quickly place the other one with the chocolate pieces on top. Squish them together so the marshmallow melts the chocolate.
Keywords: air fryer smores, air fryer smore, air fryer s’mores, s’mores in air fryer, air fried smores