This Orange Banana Smoothie is the refreshing summer recipe you have been looking for! Made with fresh and frozen fruit, creamy greek yogurt, and natural honey … this easy and healthy smoothie recipe tastes like an orange creamsicle or orange julius without the unnecessary added sugars.
It is absolutely perfect when you are craving a cool ice cream-like treat, but want something on the better-for-you side! It works for breakfast, an afternoon snack, or even dessert. The options are truly endless for this dreamy and delicious fruit smoothie!
Ingredients needed for this Orange Creamsicle Smoothie…
The creamy & dreamy orange smoothie calls for all fresh, wholesome, and simple ingredients! It makes for the perfect snack or breakfast, and is bound to be one of your new favorite healthy smoothie recipes.
- Orange: Fresh orange makes this smoothie refreshing, light, and absolutely delicious! You will need 1 whole orange.
- Banana: Banana adds the perfect natural sweetness to this creamsicle smoothie. It also makes for a thick & creamy texture! You’ll need 1 small frozen banana.
- Greek Yogurt: To up the creaminess here even more, add 1/3 cup of plain yogurt!
- Almond Milk: I always use unsweetened vanilla almond milk in my recipes, but you can really use the milk of your choice. Coconut milk would be a delicious substitution and would add some more tropical flavor. Add 1/2 cup!
- Honey: 1 tbsp of honey adds the perfect touch of refined sugar free sweetness to this orange smoothie! Maple syrup could also be used.
- Vanilla Extract: Vanilla extract adds vanilla flavors that pair wonderfully with the orange flavors in this recipe. The result is a healthy smoothie that tastes like a creamsicle! You’ll need 1 tsp.
- Ice: All you need is a handful of ice to keep this smoothie cool and refreshing!
How to make an Orange Smoothie…
This healthy smoothie is as easy as can be to make – you simply blend & enjoy! All you need is five minutes and a blender.
Here’s how to do it:
- Add all ingredients – ripe banana, orange, greek yogurt, almond milk, honey, vanilla extract, and ice cubes – to the a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Orange and Banana Smoothie benefits…
This orange banana smoothie recipe is loaded with health benefits and two servings of fruits! The orange is packed with vitamin c to boost your immune system and protect your cells from damage. It even helps to give you smoother skin!
Banana is also great for your health and provides essential nutrients. The yellow fruit has tons of potassium and magnesium, which are great for your heart health! They’re also helpful in relieving muscle cramps, fueling up for your workouts, and are a great source of fiber.
Lastly, this smoothie gets a perfect protein boost from the greek yogurt.
Not to mention, you’ll get all these benefits from a delicious smoothie that literally tastes like an ice cream treat! It is truly the best.
How can I up the nutrition in this recipe?
Add chia or flax seed! Chia seeds and flax seeds are always great additions to smoothies. Chia seeds are packed with nutrients – i’m talking protein, dietary fiber, antioxidants, and omega 3 fatty acids. Flax seeds are also a great source of omega 3 fatty acids. Both seeds blend wonderfully into a smoothie and will help to keep you fuller for longer too!
Add protein powder! This orange smoothie recipe already gets a nice protein boost from the greek yogurt, but you can up it even further with a scoop of protein powder. A scoop of vanilla protein would be delicious and would even add to the creamsicle flavor! Here’s my favorite one.
Swap the banana! You could lower the sugar in this recipe by swapping in some avocado for the banana. It is a great swap because it will keep the creaminess that the banana provides. You may want to add an extra touch of sweetness if you try this swap though!
Make it a green smoothie! This simple orange banana smoothie could become a green smoothie by just adding a handful of spinach. You wouldn’t even taste a difference!
Can this Orange Smoothie Recipe be made vegan?
Yes, this orange smoothie recipe could easily be made vegan! Most ingredients in this recipe are actually already vegan, except for the plain greek yogurt and honey. Swap it with your favorite dairy free yogurt and maple syrup!
Orange Banana Smoothie tips…
Follow these tips & tricks to get the best Orange Banana Smoothie every time!
- Use a high speed blender! A high speed blender works best here to get the creamiest and dreamiest smoothie. It is especially helpful to prevent orange pulp in your smoothie and if you are using a frozen banana, which I recommend!
- Freeze your banana! Like mentioned above, I highly recommend you use a frozen banana in this Orange Banana Smoothie. A frozen banana makes for a thick and creamy smoothie! It also keeps your smoothie nice and cold without the need of excess ice.
Check out some other recipes we’ve been loving lately…
- Chocolate Baked Donuts
- Peaches & Cream Oatmeal
- Easy Italian Pasta Salad
- Cherry Pie Crumble Bars
- Spinach & Feta Turkey Burgers
Connect with me!
If you make this Orange Banana Smoothie or any of my other recipes, I would absolutely love to know! Tag me @wellnessbykay on instagram so I can see and share your recreations.
Love this recipe? Leave a comment and a rating! I love to see and it helps me continue to develop delicious recipes for this blog.Print
Orange Banana Smoothie
This Orange Banana Smoothie is the refreshing summer recipe you have been looking for! Made with fresh fruit, creamy greek yogurt, and natural honey … this easy & healthy smoothie recipe tastes just like an orange creamsicle. It is perfect for breakfast, a snack, or even dessert. The options are truly endless for this dreamy & delicious orange smoothie!
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
- Category: Breakfast/Snack
- Method: Smoothie
- Add all ingredients – banana, orange, greek yogurt, almond milk, honey, vanilla extract, and ice – the a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Keywords: orange banana smoothie, oranges smoothie, orange creamsicle smoothie, orange and banana smoothie, orange smoothie with yogurt