This S’mores Cookies Recipe is the ultimate summertime dessert! This campfire inspired cookie is loaded with melty milk chocolate, ooey-gooey marshmallows, and crunchy graham crackers. They’re soft, chewy, easy to make, and insanely delicious! I promise everyone will love this epic treat.
A deliciously chewy summertime campfire cookie…
There is just nothing that quite feels (or tastes!) like summer more than enjoying an ooey-gooey s’mores by a campfire with friends and family. Ugh, it’s the best feeling out there!
Now S’mores Cookies are not the exact same thing, but I think they’re just about as close as you can get to that feeling without a bonfire or camping trips!
These insanely chewy cookies combine the ultimate summertime treat with the ultimate all-year-round treat … cookies! They’re studded with melted chocolate, gooey marshmallows, and flavorful graham cracker pieces.
Kids and adults alike will not be able to keep their hands off this epic dessert! They’re bound to be everyone’s new favorite cookie.
S’mores Cookies call for all your classic cookie and campfire treat ingredients rolled into one delicious cookie! Graham cracker crumbs, a hershey’s bar, and mini marshmallows are the stars of the show.
- Salted Butter: The base of these cookies is 1/2 cup salted butter. It adds that rich and delicious flavor we all know and love!
- Light Brown Sugar: Light brown sugar is the source of perfect sweetness here! 1 cup helps make these cookies incredibly chewy.
- Flour: 1 cup of all purpose flour is used in these delicious cookies.
- Egg: Add 1 egg for binding and moisture.
- Chocolate: Chop 1 milk chocolate hershey’s bar into chocolate chunks. This gives the authentic summertime campfire feel! This will be about 1/3 cup chocolate. I also added some extra chocolate chips on top!
- Marshmallows: Add 1/3 cup mini marshmallows to the s’mores cookie dough.
- Graham Crackers: Graham cracker chunks add a great texture and perfect graham flavor here. All you need is 1/3 cup!
- Vanilla Extract: Add 1 tsp of vanilla extract to give the classic flavor.
- Baking Powder: A touch of baking powder helps bake these chewy cookies to perfection. 1/4 tsp to be exact!
- Salt: You’ll also add a pinch of salt, 1/4 tsp, to balance out all the sweet.
Ingredient swaps in S’mores Cookies…
I would not recommend making any changes to the base cookie dough here, but you could make a few ingredient swaps when it comes to the s’mores element. Here are some of my ideas!
- Chocolate: I like to use a milk chocolate hershey’s bar in these campfire cookies to get that classic s’mores feel. The classic 1.55 oz bar is what I used! But any chocolate bar or chips would also work. Dark chocolate, milk chocolate, or even white chocolate!
- Marshmallows: This chewy cookie recipe calls for mini marshmallows, but you could swap this with the regular sized marshmallows if that is all you have on hand. Simply chop up the marshmallows into smaller pieces or stuff a big one in each cookie. Then you’ll really get an ooey, gooey marshmallow pull!
How to make…
S’mores Cookies are a super easy dessert recipe! You make the dough, chill for only 15 minutes, and then bake to golden brown perfection. You’ll have a baker’s dozen of these beauties in no time at all!
Step 1: Set the oven to 350 degrees.
Step 2: In a large bowl combine the butter, light brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract until smooth. Next add in the dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until evenly combined.
Step 3: Add the chopped chocolate, marshmallows, and crushed graham cracker. Stir to combine. Place the cookie dough in the refrigerator to chill for 15 minutes.
Step 4: Remove from the fridge and roll about 2 tablespoon sized scoops of dough into balls. Place the cookie dough balls on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. You should be able to make 12 cookies. Optional: Add extra chocolate, graham cracker chunks, and mini marshmallows on the tops of the cookies.
Step 5: Bake for 15 minutes. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
What chocolate should I use in this S’mores Cookies Recipe?
You can use any chocolate you’d like. I prefer hershey bars here for the ultimate summer campfire vibes and classic s’mores feel!
Can I use large marshmallows in these cookies?
Yes, you can definitely use big marshmallows here.
Simply chop them up into smaller marshmallow bits and add into the cookie dough like you would the mini marshmallows. This will give the most similar results!
How to make my S’mores Cookies round?
My favorite way to make cookies round is to use a fork. As soon as the cookies come out of the oven, I use the inside curve of the fork to gently press and form the cookies into a circle. So easy!
How do I best store this dessert recipe?
You can store this recipe in an airtight container at room temperature. They will stay most fresh and delicious for 3-5 days!
You could also keep in the fridge for longer storage. There they will keep for 1-2 weeks.
Can I freeze these cookies?
Yes, you can freeze S’mores Cookies! Simply transfer to a freezer safe Ziploc bag or container and place in the freezer.
You can store for a coupe of months!
Love S’mores Cookies Recipe? Check out more delicious summer dessert recipes below…
- Vegan Berry Crumble Bars
- Strawberry Jam Sheet Cake
- Mini Chocolate Fudge Brownie Bites
- Gluten Free Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies
- S’mores Brownies
- Cherry Pie Crumble Bars
- Granola & Berries Frozen Yogurt Bars
- Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes
- Gluten Free Lemon Cookies
- No-Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
Connect with me!
If you make this S’mores Cookies Recipe or any of my other recipes, I would absolutely love to know! Tag me @wellnessbykay on Instagram so I can see and share your recreations.
Love this recipe? Leave a comment and a rating! I love to see and it helps me continue to develop delicious recipes for this blog.Print
S’mores Cookies Recipe
S’mores Cookies are the ultimate summertime dessert! This campfire inspired cookie is loaded with melty milk chocolate, ooey-gooey marshmallows, and graham cracker crumbs. They’re soft, chewy, easy to make, and insanely delicious!
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 12 Cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Set the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the butter, light brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Next add in the dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until evenly combined.
- Add the chopped chocolate, marshmallows, and crushed graham cracker. Stir to combine.
- Place the cookie dough in the refrigerator to chill for 30 – 45 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge and roll about 2 tablespoon sized scoops of dough into balls. Place on a parchment paper lined baking tray. You should be able to make 12 cookies.
- Optional: Add extra chocolate, graham cracker chunks, and mini marshmallows on top of each cookie.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
Keywords: S’mores Cookies Recipe, S’mores Cookies, Chewy S’mores Cookies, S’mores Dessert