Last Updated on July 30, 2023 by Kayla Berman
If you believe that food is the way into your lover’s heart, you’re going to fall head over heels for this Marry Me Chicken Pasta. Fair warning, though: making a batch of this rich and creamy sundried tomato chicken pasta might just inspire your partner to pop the question. 💍😉
Imagine a romantic dinner at home, candles flickering, soft music playing in the background, and a plate of Marry Me chicken with pasta right in front of you. As you take the first heavenly forkful, a symphony of flavors dances across your tongue, and you can’t help but wonder if this delectable dish holds magical powers.
Creamy, savory, and utterly irresistible, this creamy sun dried tomato chicken pasta recipe has been known to cast a dreamy spell on anyone lucky enough to savor it, often leading to spontaneous proposals and declarations of love.
Crafted with a symphony of ingredients like tender chicken, umami sundried tomatoes, luscious half-n-half, and a bevy of herbs and spices, Marry Me Chicken Pasta is as enchanting as Love Potion #9. Each bite tells a tale of love and devotion, as the velvety cream sauce embraces the juicy chicken and al dente pasta, creating a taste so divine it’s impossible not to fall head over heels.
What is Marry Me Chicken?
If you’re a fan of chicken, sundried tomatoes, and creamy, dreamy goodness, this recipe for Marry Me Chicken is going to rock your tastebuds!
First off, we start with some olive oil – the flavor conductor that sets the stage for perfectly seared protein. Then, we add some boneless, skinless chicken breasts – juicy and tender, the perfect canvas for our flavorful masterpiece.
Now, brace yourself for the herb-a-licious infusion! We’ve got dried basil, oregano, and thyme working their Mediterranean magic. Garlic powder and onion powder join the party, providing that delectable depth of flavor we all crave. And to add a little kick, we’ve got some red pepper flakes – not too spicy, just enough to make your tastebuds tingle!
Of course, we can’t forget the classic combo of salt and black pepper – the dynamic duo that enhances all the other flavors, making them sing in harmony. Next up, we’ve got some minced garlic cloves and sun-dried tomatoes sautéed to perfection. These gems infuse the dish with rich, savory goodness that’ll have you swooning.
And here comes the saucy part – chicken stock and half & half combine to create a velvety, creamy sauce that wraps everything in a warm, comforting embrace. Don’t forget the parmesan cheese – the ultimate creamy enhancer that takes this dish to the next level of deliciousness.
We’ll crown our creation with fresh basil – the aromatic garnish that adds a pop of color and a burst of freshness to every bite. But, unlike other recipes for marry me chicken, I’ve opted to serve this dreamboat over a bed of perfectly al dente pasta, because who doesn’t love carby goodness? Prepare yourself for a real Lady & The Tramp moment here, folks.
Whether you’re preparing a romantic dinner for two or hosting a dinner party with friends, this tantalizing pasta version of the popular recipe is sure to be the star of the show. So, get ready to watch your guests swoon and fall under the spell of this creamy delight. But be warned, if you’re not already spoken for, you might just find yourself caught up in a whirlwind of adoration and a spontaneous marriage proposal!
Why You’ll Love This Marry Me Chicken Recipe
If the idea of creamy chicken pasta with sundried tomatoes isn’t enough to convince you, you should know this Marry Me pasta recipe is also:
- Made With Plenty of Protein: With boneless, skinless chicken breasts as the star of the show, this creamy pasta dish packs a protein punch that’ll leave you feeling satisfied and energized.
- Easy & Crowd Pleasing: Busy weeknights? No problem! This sun dried tomato chicken pasta recipe is a breeze to whip up, making it the ultimate go-to for a quick yet fancy dinner. And trust me, it’s a real crowd-pleaser! It didn’t get the name “marry me” for nothing.
- Super Family-Friendly: Just a word of advice – if you’re serving this sundried tomato chicken pasta to the little ones, you might want to tone down the spice. But even in its milder form, it’s sure to become a family favorite!
- A Viral Social Media Sensation: “Marry Me Chicken” has taken the internet by storm, and this version with pasta is the ultimate full meal experience. Prepare to join the ranks of viral recipe superstars!
Ingredients & Substitutions
Here’s everything you’ll need to make this creamy chicken pasta with sundried tomatoes:
- Dry Pasta – You’re welcome to use any shape that you prefer. You can also swap in fresh pasta if you like! Just make sure to cook it according to package directions. Oh, and don’t forget to save some of your pasta cooking water — it’s starchy gold!
- Olive Oil – No need to bust out the fancy finishing oil here; just your normal cooking oil is perfect.
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts – If you’re worried that white meat chicken breasts will end up dry, just remember all the creamy sauce we’re going to serve it with!
- Dried Basil, Dried Oregano, Dried Thyme – This Italian-inspired herb trifecta adds tons of flavor without any fuss. Feel free to swap in an equivalent amount of Italian seasoning to keep it to just one bottle.
- Garlic Powder & Onion Powder – For allium complexity without any papery skins, sticky fingers, or teary eyes.
- Red Pepper Flakes – For a slight kick. Feel free to swap in aleppo pepper or cayenne powder if needed.
- Salt & Black Pepper – For basic seasoning.
- Fresh Garlic – Fresh is best, but you can use jarred minced garlic if you’re pinched for time.
- Sun Dried Tomatoes – You are welcome to use either dried, bagged tomatoes, or the variety that is packed in olive oil. If you opt for the latter, consider using the red-tinged oil to sear your chicken breasts for a little bit of extra flavor and color. 😉
- Chicken Stock – You’re welcome to use either homemade or store-bought, so long as it’s low-sodium.
- Half & Half – In case you weren’t aware, this popular creamer gets its name from being made with a 50/50 split of whole milk and heavy cream. If you have both on hand, you can easily make your own!
- Parmesan Cheese – Make sure to go for real, wedge-style parmesan you grate yourself for the best flavor and meltability.
- Fresh Basil – This is the crowning glory of all Marry Me chicken recipes I’ve ever tried. A little freshness and that pop of green? *Chef’s Kiss* fantastic. 🤌 You could swap in a different herb like fresh parsley too!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Large Pot
- Measuring cups & Spoons
- Mixing Bowls
- Box Grater
- Cutting Board & Chef’s Knife
How To Make Marry Me Chicken Pasta
This sublimely simple sundried tomato chicken pasta comes together in well under an hour. Here’s how:
Step 1: Boil the Pasta according to the package directions. Reserve some pasta water, drain, and set aside.
Step 2: Make Seasoning Mix. As the pasta cooks, combine dried basil, dried oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, dried thyme, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper in a bowl.
Step 3: Season Chicken with half of the seasoning mix. Rub it into both sides thoroughly.
Step 4: Sear the chicken over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Cook each side for about 5-7 minutes, until golden brown. Once seared, remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
Step 4: Sauté Garlic & Tomatoes. Add the minced garlic and chopped sun dried tomatoes to the same skillet. Optional: Add a splash of the sun dried tomato oil as well. Turn the heat to low and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
Step 5: Deglaze the bottom of the pan with chicken stock, scraping up any browned bits.
Step 6: Get Creamy. Add in the fresh parmesan cheese and half & half. Combine thoroughly. Simmer for 5 minutes until the cheese is thoroughly melted.
Step 7: Finish Cooking Chicken. Mix the remaining half of the seasoning mix into the sauce. Place the seared chicken back into the skillet. Simmer on medium heat for 8-10 minutes, then remove the chicken and slice it.
Step 8: Assemble. Next add the cooked pasta to the sauce, mixing thoroughly. Add as much leftover pasta water as needed to reach your desired sauce consistency. Place the sliced chicken on the top of the pasta. Garnish with fresh basil and extra shredded parmesan cheese.
Step 9: Serve and enjoy!
Optional Variations & Dietary Adaptations
While I’m pretty sure I’ve achieved the pinnacle of pasta perfection with this Marry Me chicken recipe, there are plenty of ways to tweak the recipe to suit your needs. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Gluten-Free – Swap in your favorite GF noodles to keep this recipe celiac-friendly.
- Dairy-Free – If lactose threatens to impede your amorous workout later in the evening, simply swap in your favorite plant-based cream and parmesan cheese.
- Marry Me Chicken Tortellini – If you’re looking for a SUPER rich meal, swap in stuffed pasta for regular noodles.
- Low-Carb Marry Me Chicken Zoodles – Or, go in the opposite direction with some light and lovely veggie noodles or cauliflower rice instead.
Here are my best tricks and tips for ensuring your Marry Me chicken pasta comes out perfectly every time:
- Master the Searing Technique: When searing the chicken, resist the temptation to move it around in the pan too much. Let it make full contact with the hot surface to achieve that beautiful golden-brown crust. This step locks in the juices and enhances the overall flavor by leaving some of that Maillard reaction magic in the pan.
- Customize the Spice Level: Red pepper flakes add a delightful kick to the chicken dish, but spice preferences vary. Feel free to adjust the amount of red pepper flakes to your liking, allowing you to find that perfect balance of heat that suits your tastebuds.
- Tenderize for Tastier Chicken: To ensure exceptionally tender chicken, consider tenderizing the chicken breasts before cooking. You can gently pound them using a meat mallet or even the bottom of a heavy pan to promote even cooking.
- Try Cutlets for Quicker Cooking: Short on time? Opt for chicken cutlets by slicing the chicken breasts horizontally like a hamburger bun. This not only reduces cooking time but also allows the flavors to penetrate the meat better, resulting in more flavorful and succulent chicken.
- Don’t Overcook the Pasta: When cooking the pasta, aim for a perfectly al dente texture. Remember that the pasta will continue to cook slightly once added to the sauce, so test it a minute or two before the recommended cooking time on the package. Oh, and make sure to salt your pasta water!
- Garnish with Fresh Herbs: To add a burst of freshness, don’t forget to garnish the dish with some freshly chopped basil leaves just before serving.
- Reheating and Leftovers: If you have any leftovers, store the pasta and sauce separately in airtight containers. When reheating, gently warm the sauce on the stovetop and combine it with freshly cooked pasta to maintain that delectable sauciness, adding a splash of chicken broth as needed to revivify the sauce.
Follow these expert tips, and you’ll be well on your way to creating a restaurant-worthy “Marry Me Chicken” pasta that’ll have your guests saying “I do!” to second helpings. Happy cooking! 🍗🍝
This love potion-meets-pasta recipe is perfect for date night at home or a special occasion, but is easy enough for a regular, run-of-the-mill weeknight dinner. It’s also a stunning dish for dinner parties!
And while the dreaminess of this creamy sun dried tomato pasta with chicken is great for cozy nights in cool weather, the summery flavor combo of sun-dried tomatoes and basil make it a great option for warmer weather, too.
Here are a few ideas of how to serve it:
- Plate the “Marry Me Chicken” pasta in a large, colorful serving dish at the center of the table. Let everyone help themselves to generous portions. Pair it with a rustic loaf of crusty bread and a simple green salad tossed with a light vinaigrette.
- For a more intimate and chic presentation, serve the pasta in individual pasta bowls. Garnish each bowl with a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese and a fresh basil leaf for a pop of color.
- If you’re looking for a cozy and casual presentation, simply serve the “Marry Me Chicken” pasta in the same pot you cooked it in. It adds a rustic charm to the table and saves on dishes too!
Wondering what to serve with this easy chicken dinner? Besides a crisp glass of white wine, I have lots of additional ideas for you. Here are some fantastic options for serving this Marry Me pasta:
- Garlic Bread: A classic and always-welcome side to accompany any pasta dish (or, let’s face it, any savory dish at all!). Bake some garlic bread with a buttery, garlicky spread to soak up the creamy sauce and add extra satisfaction to each bite.
- Green Salad: Balance out the richness of the pasta with a refreshing green salad.
- Roasted Vegetables: Roast a medley of seasonal vegetables like asparagus, bell peppers, zucchini, and cherry tomatoes for a vibrant, colorful side.
- Caprese Salad: Lean into tomato-flavored everything by making this Italian classic.
- Caesar Salad: Serve a classic Caesar salad with crunchy romaine lettuce, croutons, Parmesan cheese, and a creamy Caesar dressing. It’s a timeless combination with pasta dishes, and is perfect if “rich” and “creamy” are two of your favorite food adjectives.
- Antipasto Platter: Create an enticing spread with an antipasto platter featuring an assortment of cured meats, olives, marinated artichokes, and cheeses. It’s the perfect appetizer for your Italian-inspired meal!
- Dreamy Desserts: Don’t forget to end the night on a sweet note. After all that creamy, carby goodness, keep it light with a lemony treat to cleanse your palate.
Spicy seems like a stretch. Zesty is more like it! But, taste is totally subjective. Feel free to dial the heat up or down by adding more or less red pepper flakes to taste.
Sure! Roasted red peppers are a great substitute for sun-dried tomatoes. They bring a smoky sweetness to the sauce and complement the other ingredients beautifully.
The secret to getting that mouthwatering pasta sauce to stick to the noodles is all about cooking the pasta “al dente” — not too soft, not too firm. When draining the pasta, save a cup of the starchy pasta water. Then, toss the drained pasta directly into a hot skillet with the sauce. The starchy water helps the sauce cling to the noodles, making every bite super tasty and saucy. Oh, and don’t forget to serve it right away for the best results. That’s it! You’ll have a plate of perfectly coated, scrumptious pasta in no time! 🍝😁
You can store leftover chicken and pasta in an airtight container. It will keep best for up to 5 days!
When reheating this yummy dish, I recommend doing it in a pan on the stove over gentle heat. Be sure to add a little extra chicken stock or cream to liven the creamy sun-dried tomato sauce back up!
More Pasta Recipes
- Greek Yogurt Alfredo Pasta
- Healthy Sun Dried Tomato Pasta
- Burrata Pasta with Zucchini, Corn, & Tomatoes
- Chicken Caprese Pasta
- Creamy Lemon Chicken Pasta
- Healthy Pasta Primavera
More Chicken Recipes
- Chicken Pomodoro Skillet
- Pan Seared Chicken Thighs
- Maple Glazed Chicken
- Greek Chicken Meatballs
- Chicken Fajita Tacos
- Crusted Chicken Romano
- Creamy Herb Chicken
Connect With Me!
If you make this delicious chicken recipe with pasta or any of my other recipes, I would absolutely love to know! Tag me @wellnessbykay on Instagram so I can see and share your recreations.Print
Marry Me Chicken Pasta
If you believe that food is the way into your lover’s heart, you’re going to fall head over heels for this Marry Me Chicken Pasta. Fair warning, though: making a batch of this rich and creamy sundried tomato chicken pasta might just inspire your partner to pop the question.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
- 12 oz dry pasta
- 1–2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 5 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup half & half
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil
- First boil the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve some pasta water, drain, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, add the seasonings to a small bowl – dried basil, dried oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, dried thyme, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper. Combine thoroughly.
- Add half of the seasoning mix to the chicken breasts. Rub it into both sides thoroughly.
- Next add the olive oil to a large skillet or pan on the stove over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the seasoned chicken breasts. Sear on each side for about 5-7 minutes, until golden brown. Once seared, remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add the minced garlic and chopped sun dried tomatoes to the same skillet. Optional: Add a splash of the sun dried tomato oil as well. Turn the heat to low and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and deglaze the bottom of the pan, scraping up any brown bits.
- Next add in the fresh parmesan cheese and half & half. Combine thoroughly. Simmer for 5 minutes until the cheese is thoroughly melted.
- Mix the remaining half of the seasoning mix into the sauce. Place the seared chicken back into the skillet. Simmer on medium heat for 8-10 minutes. Then remove the chicken.
- Next add the cooked pasta to the sauce. Combine thoroughly. Add any leftover pasta water to your desired sauce consistency. Slice the chicken breasts and place back on the top of the pasta. Garnish with fresh basil and extra shredded parmesan cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!
Keywords: Marry Me Chicken Pasta, Marry Me Pasta, Marry Me Pasta Recipe, Marry Me Chicken with Pasta, Marry Me Chicken Recipe with Pasta