I am rarely ever happier than I am when I am eating a warm chocolate chip cookie! They are truly my ultimate dessert. Well either that or a giant chocolate chip cookie skillet or decadent chocolate brownie! Honestly, I have such a massive sweet tooth that I really can’t choose a favorite. But I do know that warm cookies are near the top of the list, especially these Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies. The addition of oats give these such a delicious, and truly unbeatable, taste & texture … especially when fresh out of the oven. These cookies are thick like a bakery style cookie, perfectly soft and chewy, and loaded with melty chocolate chips. I have been enjoying one every night for dessert and it is truly a dream come true!
Ingredients needed for these Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies…
The ingredients you will need to make these Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies are pretty much all your typical cookie baking ingredients! I’m talking the classics … brown sugar, old fashioned oats, butter, flour, and of course chocolate chips. You probably have everything you need on hand already!
- Butter: These oatmeal cookies of course use butter! I was going for classic in this recipe, and there is nothing more classic than butter in cookies. You will need 1/2 cup!
- Brown Sugar: Brown sugar is also used here to give the cookies that classic chocolate chip cookie taste! Add 1 cup.
- All Purpose or Whole Wheat Pastry Flour: I used whole wheat pastry flour in these cookies because I love the nutritional boost, but all purpose flour should work just the same. This recipe calls for 1 1/4 cup.
- Old Fashioned Oats: For the oats in these chewy oatmeal cookies, I recommend using old fashioned! I have not tested with any other type and cannot guarantee they will work. Use 1 cup!
- Chocolate Chips: I absolutely love semi sweet mini chips in my sweet treats. However you can use any chocolate chips you have on hand! Add 1/2 cup or measure with your heart.
- Eggs: These cookies call for 2 eggs!
- Vanilla Extract: Add 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract to these cookies to get that vanilla flavor we all know and love.
- Baking Powder: 1/2 tsp of baking powder allows these cookies to bake to perfection.
- Salt: Lastly 1/4 tsp of salt helps to bring out the perfect sweetness & flavor in this recipe!
How to make these oatmeal cookies from scratch…
Set the oven to 350 degrees.
Start by melting your butter. Then in a large mixing bowl combine the melted butter, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract until smooth.
In a separate bowl combine the oats, flour, baking powder, and salt evenly.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet and combine. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Then place the cookie dough in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
Remove from the fridge and roll about 1-2 tablespoon sized scoops of dough into balls. Place the balls on a greased or lined baking tray. This recipe should make about 15 cookies and you may have to use two trays or make two batches.
Bake for 13 minutes.
Remove from the oven and enjoy!
How to best store & serve these Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies!
I highly recommend serving these cookies warm, either fresh out of the oven or heated back up! They are just so dang delicious when all soft & gooey and the chocolate is melted. If you want to re-heat one of these cookies, just pop in the oven for about 30 seconds!
You can store these oatmeal cookies in an airtight container on the counter for about a week. For the cookies to stay fresh for longer, store in the fridge or even the freezer. However, I highly doubt they will be around for that long!
Need more delicious cookie recipes? I’ve got you!
- Chocolate Caramel Cookie Cups
- Vegan Single Serve Brookie
- Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Oatmeal Cookie Sandwiches with Cream Cheese Filling
Connect with me!
If you make these Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies or any of my other recipes I would absolutely love to know! Tag me @wellnessbykay on instagram, so I can see and share your recreations!!
Love this recipe? Leave a comment and a rating! I love to see and it helps me continue to develop delicious recipes for this blog.Print
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Homemade Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies will make all your dessert dreams come true! Loaded with melty chocolate chips and perfectly soft & chewy, these easy cookies are sure to be a total crowd pleaser. They are simply the best!
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 13 Minutes
- Total Time: 28 minutes
- Yield: 15 Cookies 1x
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose or whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Set the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the melted butter, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, oats, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and combine until a dough forms. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Place the cookie dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to chill.
- Remove from the fridge and roll about 1-2 tablespoon sized scoops of dough into balls. Place the balls on a greased or lined baking tray. This recipe should make about 15 cookies so you may need to use 2 trays or make 2 batches.
- Bake for 13 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy!
Keywords: chocolate chip, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate chip oatmeal cookies, oatmeal cookies, cookies, easy cookies, cookie recipe, easy cookie recipe