Last Updated on May 3, 2022 by Kayla Berman
Chicken parmesan has always been one of my favorite dishes to order at an Italian restaurant! My sister and I even have this little setup where we will split some chicken parmesan, the side of pasta, and a caesar salad for dinner. It never disappoints! So I wanted to make a recipe inspired by the dish. I have also been feeling like using quinoa recently. Throw the two together and you have Chicken Parmesan Quinoa Casserole! This Italian quinoa casserole is everything you need for dinner and more. It’s got shredded chicken, broccoli, tons of flavor, and last but most certainly not least … cheese. Lots of delicious cheesy goodness!! And I don’t know about you guys, but a dish covered in cheese is always a yes for me.
Ingredients needed for Chicken Parmesan Quinoa Casserole…
Did I mention that this chicken casserole is a super easy and healthy dinner recipe too? It only calls for a few simple, whole ingredients and not much effort to make at all. Now that is my kind of weeknight dinner!
- Quinoa: The base of this quinoa casserole is of course quinoa! You will need 1 cup dry of quinoa.
- Chicken: You will also need chicken for this chicken parmesan inspired recipe. 2 chicken breasts works perfectly!
- Broccoli: I love broccoli in this recipe for a little veggie addition. Add 1 head!
- Marinara Sauce: This recipe calls for 3 cups of marinara sauce. You can use any kind you have on hand and enjoy!
- Parmesan Cheese: You will need 3/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese. It is both mixed in to this quinoa bake and sprinkled on top!
- Mozzarella Cheese: You’ll also add 1 1/2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese! This is what gives the casserole that deliciously cheesy top.
- Garlic Powder: Garlic powder adds the best flavor here! Add 2 tsp.
- Salt & Pepper: Lastly, add lots of salt & pepper to taste!
How to make Chicken Parmesan Quinoa Casserole…
Set your oven to 400 degrees.
Then begin by cooking your quinoa according to the package instructions.
While the quinoa is cooking, you can also steam your broccoli and boil your chicken. Steam your broccoli for about 10 minutes, until vibrant in color and soft.
For the chicken, bring a pot of water to boil. Place the chicken breasts in the water and boil for about 13-15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked all the way through. Remove from the pot and shred. This is easily done with two forks.
Add your steamed broccoli, cooked quinoa, and shredded chicken to a large bowl. Add in the marinara sauce, garlic powder, parmesan cheese (1/4 cup) , salt, and pepper. Combine evenly.
Transfer the mixture to a greased baking dish. Top with the remaining parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with some extra salt and pepper.
Bake for 25 minutes.
Remove from the oven, serve with some fresh basil, and enjoy!
Serving & storing this quinoa casserole…
This casserole is perfect as an easy weeknight dinner, but also as a healthy meal prep for the week! You can serve fresh out of the oven of course, but you can also store in the fridge and the pop in the oven for about a minute to re-heat. Since I am one person, that is how I enjoyed this meal!
As for storing, this casserole is best stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about a week.
Need more healthy dinner recipes? I’ve got you covered!
- Easy Chicken Stir Fry/
- Family Favorite One Pot Pasta
- Sheet Pan Salmon with Broccoli & Potatoes
- Chicken Veggie Meatballs
Connect with me!
If you make this Chicken Parmesan Quinoa Casserole or any of my other recipes I would absolutely love to know! Tag me @wellnessbykay on instagram, so I can see and share your recreations!!
Love this recipe? Leave a comment and a rating! I love to see and it helps me continue to develop delicious recipes for this blog.Print
Chicken Parmesan Quinoa Casserole
Chicken Parmesan Quinoa Casserole is the perfect easy dinner recipe! Made with shredded chicken, broccoli, and the marinara sauce of your choice … this cheesy quinoa bake is great for a weeknight dinner or even as meal prep. This Italian quinoa casserole is sure to be a fan favorite! gluten free
- 1 cup quinoa, dry
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 head of broccoli
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, separated
- 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Set the oven to 400 degrees.
- Next cook the quinoa according to the package instructions.
- While the quinoa is cooking steam the broccoli and boil the chicken. For the broccoli, steam for about 10 minutes, until bright in color and soft.
- To boil the chicken, first bring a pot of water to a boil. Place the chicken breasts in the pot and boil for 13-15 minutes, or until the chicken is completely cooked through. Then remove the chicken from the pot and shred. This can be done easily with two forks.
- In a large bowl combine the cooked quinoa, steamed broccoli, and shredded chicken. Add in the marinara sauce, parmesan cheese (1/4 cup), garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Combine evenly.
- Transfer to a greased baking dish. Spread out and top with the remaining parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool, serve with some fresh basil, and enjoy!