One of my favorite parts about the holiday season is enjoying a warm and cozy cup of hot cocoa! Bonus points if I am in front of the fireplace and reading a book while doing so. Ugh it is literally perfection! There is just nothing better than the rich chocolate drink loaded with melty marshmallows! I decided to turn the classic cozy drink into a dessert in the form of this Single Serve Hot Cocoa Cake. It is absolutely everything you need in an easy and delicious holiday season treat! Rich melty chocolate, gooey marshmallows, and all ready to devour in under 30 minutes.
What you need for this Single Serve Hot Cocoa Cake!
Like I said, this single serve cake is super quick & easy! And made with mostly simple, healthy ingredients too. What is not to love about that?
- Coconut Oil: Make sure to use refined coconut oil for this recipe! Unrefined or virgin coconut oil tastes like coconuts and will make your cake taste like coconut too.
- Almond Butter: I love to use nut butter in my healthier sweet treats! They work great in placement for butter or oil. I like almond butter specifically for its neutral flavor!
- Applesauce: Applesauce can also be used in replacement for more oil! It adds some moisture to a sweet treat and also a little extra natural sweetness.
- Pure Maple Syrup: You guys already know, pure maple syrup is a favorite of mine! It is a completely refined sugar free liquid sweetener.
- Whole Wheat Pastry Flour: I love to use whole wheat pastry flour in my treats. It has extra nutritional value, but still makes for a light & soft baked good!
- Cocoa Powder: Have to have cocoa powder for hot cocoa cake!
- Marshmallows: I use the classic mini marshmallow, but feel free to use a healthier option if you would like!
- Chocolate Chips: Chocolate chips to get that extra delicious rich chocolate feel! Again, use whatever kind you like.
- Vanilla Extract & Salt for all things flavor and Baking Powder for a little rise.
How to make this Single Serve Hot Cocoa Cake!
Set the oven to 350 degrees.
In a mixing bowl combine the melted coconut oil, almond butter, pure maple syrup, applesauce, and vanilla extract.
Add in the whole what pastry flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Combine evenly.
Transfer to a greased small baking dish. I use a mini pie dish, but an oven safe bowl would most likely work too. Top with the chocolate chips and marshmallows.
Bake for 13 minutes and enjoy!
Check out some other similar recipes of mine!
- Single Serve Peanut Butter Cookie
- Vegan Single Serve Brookie
- Rocky Road Brownies
- Healthy Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Connect with me!
If you make this Single Serve Hot Cocoa Cake or any of my other recipes I would absolutely love to know! Tag me @wellnessbykay on instagram, so I can see and share your recreations!!Print
Single Serve Hot Cocoa Cake
Single Serve Hot Cocoa Cake is the perfect sweet treat for the holiday season. Easy, delicious, and made with mainly healthy ingredients you will want to make this cozy recipe again and again! Pure chocolate & melty marshmallow goodness.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 13 Minutes
- Total Time: 28 minutes
- Yield: 1 Serving 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 1 tbsp refined coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp applesauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 3 tbsp whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp marshmallows
- 1 tbsp chocolate chips
- Set the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the coconut oil, almond butter, applesauce, pure maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Add in the whole wheat pastry flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Combine evenly.
- Transfer to a greased small baking dish. I use a mini pie dish but any small oven safe bowl should work. Top with the chocolate chips and marshmallows.
- Bake for 13 minutes.
Keywords: hot cocoa, hot cocoa cake, single serve hot cocoa cake, hot cocoa dessert, chocolate cake, single serve dessert, dessert recipe