I don’t know about you guys, but I am always on the lookout for some easy and healthy snacks. A snack that I can grab in between class or enjoy as a little pre-workout. One that tastes delicious, but will also fuel me up! These Healthy Peanut Butter Energy Balls are the perfect solution to this situation. They are also my new obsession. They are like little bites of pure peanut butter heaven, aka pure gold! No but in all seriousness these healthy energy balls are full of healthy fats and complex carbs, making them the perfect pick-me-up. And did I mention they are about as easy to make as it gets? Like five ingredients, one bowl, and 15 minutes easy.
Ingredients needed for Healthy Peanut Butter Energy Balls…
These no bake peanut butter balls require only five healthy ingredients, plus salt! They are also dairy free and can be gluten free too if you use certified gluten free oats.
- Peanut Butter: Peanut butter is of course the base of these peanut butter oatmeal balls. Make sure to use a smooth & runny peanut butter, with only peanuts and salt as ingredients. Add 1 cup!
- Honey: Honey is the sweetener of choice in this recipe! It is one of my favorite refined sugar free sweeteners and adds a delicious flavor to these balls. You will need 1/4 cup.
- Oats: 1 1/2 cups of oats is used in this recipe. I used old fashioned, but I think quick would also work!
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon gives these peanut butter balls the best flavor! Use 1 1/2 tsp.
- Vanilla Extract: Add 1 tsp of vanilla to these peanut butter balls.
- Salt: Lastly, add a pinch of salt!
How to make Peanut Butter Energy Balls from scratch…
In a large mixing bowl combine the peanut butter, honey, and vanilla extract until smooth.
Next add in the oats, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt. Combine evenly.
Grab about tablespoon sized scoops of the mixture, roll into balls, and place on a plate. Sprinkle with some extra cinnamon.
Place in the fridge for 10-20 minutes to set.
Remove from the fridge and enjoy! Put back in the refrigerator in an airtight container to store.
Healthy Energy Ball add-ins & swaps!
You could add tons of other ingredients into these energy balls! My first choice would be chocolate chips … white, milk, or even dark. You could even add in raisins or craisins, shredded coconut, or nuts … basically anything you would like!
The major swap you could make in this recipe is a different nut butter for peanut butter, such as almond or cashew butter. You could also swap the sweetener! Honey could be replaced with pure maple syrup or agave syrup. This would even make these peanut butter energy balls vegan!
Answering all your Healthy Peanut Butter Energy Ball questions…
Can you eat raw oats in energy balls?
Yes, you definitely can eat raw oat in energy balls. Raw oats may sound weird, but trust me you won’t even notice them in these.
How to store these healthy peanut butter balls?
Store these Healthy Peanut Butter Energy Balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator. You can keep for about a week!
Need more healthy snacks? I’ve got you covered!
- White Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites
- Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Granola Bars
- Granola & Berries Frozen Yogurt Bars
- Ham, Swiss, & Broccoli Egg Bites
Connect with me!
If you make this Healthy Peanut Butter Energy Balls or any of my other recipes I would absolutely love to know! Tag me @wellnessbykay on instagram, so I can see and share your recreations!!
Love this recipe? Leave a comment and a rating! I love to see and it helps me continue to develop delicious recipes for this blog.Print
Healthy Peanut Butter Energy Balls
Healthy Peanut Butter Energy Balls are the perfect quick & easy snack recipe! Made with 5 ingredients, no-bake, and ready in less than 30 minutes … these oatmeal energy balls are delicious bites of peanut butter goodness. This healthy snack is super customizable too … you can add in chocolate, raisins, or even nuts!
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 12–15 Balls 1x
- Category: Snack
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup peanut butter, natural & runny
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 cup oats
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- In a large mixing bowl combine the peanut butter, honey, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add in the oats, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt. Combine evenly.
- Roll about tablespoon sized scoops of the mixture into balls. Place on a plate.
- Place the plate in a fridge for 10-20 minutes to set.
- Remove and enjoy!
Keywords: energy balls, peanut butter energy balls, healthy energy balls, healthy peanut butter energy balls, peanut butter oatmeal balls, healthy snack, easy snack, healthy snack recipe