If you guys couldn’t tell, I have hopped on the pumpkin train and i do not know if I will ever come off of it. I had some extra pumpkin leftover and I have been absolutely loving the fall staple, so i thought why not combine it with my other staple flavor, peanut butter and chocolate. And that is the story of how these super easy & super tasty treats were born!
I love these bars because of the obvious reason of being filled with peanut buttery, chocolatey, pumpkiny goodness … but also for the fact that they are made with such great ingredients. Don’t get me wrong I love a decadent dessert, but a lot of the times and with a lot of my recipes I go for sweet treats that i know will fuel me properly throughout my days. And these do just that! The only sweetener in here is a little bit of maple syrup, the rest comes from the pumpkin and the chocolate chips. Which I think makes these an excellent choice for an on the go breakfast, a delicious addition to a yogurt bowl, or a perfect afternoon pick-me-up.
Another reason why I love these bars is because they are so dang easy. Literally a 30 minute process from start to finish. I actually had time to whip up a batch in between classes the other day, so they would be perfect if you didn’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen! Or would be a great addition to a weekly meal prep.Print
Peanut Butter & Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oat Bars
These quick and easy Peanut Butter & Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oat Bars are dairy-free, refined-sugar free, and made only with oat flour.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Baking
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 cup oats (blended into a flour)
- 1/2 cup oats (not blended)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Set the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine pumpkin, peanut butter, maple syrup, egg, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Blend the cup of oats in a high speed blender or food processor until a flour consistency is formed.
- Add in oat flour, pumpkin spice, oats (not blended), chocolate chips, and baking powder.
- Transfer batter to a greased baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool, cut into squares, and enjoy!
- For this recipe, I wasn’t going for a very prominent pumpkin spice flavor so I didn’t use much pumpkin spice. If that is what your looking for, simply add more pumpkin spice to taste.
Keywords: pumpkin, peanut butter, oat bars, peanut butter bars, chocolate chip, chocolate chip bars, chocolate, oat bars, dessert, fall dessert