Are they cookies? Nope not at all. Are they blondies? No but closer. Cake? Kind of. Are they cake bars? Sounds about right! And of course they are absolutely delicious. I came up with these Chocolate Chunk Tahini Cake Bars kind of by accident while I was trying to make some tahini blondies. Something went wrong and they did not turn out to be blondies, but something definitely went right because they turned out amazing. Dare I say better than blondies would have been? These cake bars are wonderfully fluffy, full of a unique & rich flavor from the tahini, and pretty much pure melt in your mouth chocolate deliciousness.
Ingredients needed for Chocolate Chunk Tahini Cake Bars…
Did I mention that these Chocolate Chunk Tahini Cake Bars are a healthy dessert option? They are made with all simple, healthy, and wholesome ingredients! They’re completely gluten free, grain free, and dairy free too. Honestly these are so good for you, you could totally eat them for breakfast!
- Tahini: Tahini is the base of these cake bars. It adds a rich and unique flavor that I absolutely love! You’ll need 1/2 cup.
- Coconut Oil: Refined coconut oil is used in this recipe. Add 1/4 cup melted. Make sure you use refined coconut oil, unrefined or virgin tastes like coconut and will leave your bars tasting like coconut too!
- Coconut Sugar: Coconut sugar is the main source of sweetness in this recipe. It is one of my favorite refined sugar free options. These cake bars call for 1/2 cup.
- Pure Maple Syrup: A touch of my other favorite refined sugar free option, pure maple syrup, is also used here. Add 2 tbsp.
- Almond Flour: Almond flour as the flour in this recipe, makes it completely gluten and grain free. Use 1/2 cup!
- Eggs: 2 eggs add the perfect amount of moisture to these bars and help to bind everything together.
- Chocolate Chunks: I used 1/2 cup of dairy free semi sweet chocolate chunks! You can totally use chocolate chips if you would like, or chop up you favorite chocolate bar to add in.
- Vanilla Extract: 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract gives these cake bars that classic flavor we all know and love.
- Baking Soda: You’ll need baking soda to get that perfect rise! Add 1/4 tsp.
- Salt: Add a pinch of salt to bring out the rest of the flavors and sweetness in this recipe.
How to make Chocolate Chunk Tahini Cake Bars…
Set the oven to 350 degrees.
In a large mixing bowl combine the tahini, melted coconut oil, eggs, pure maple syrup, vanilla extract, and coconut sugar until smooth.
Add in the almond flour, baking soda, and a pinch of salt. Combine evenly.
Stir in the chocolate chunks.
Transfer to a greased or lined 8×8 baking dish. Spread evenly, top with extra chocolate chunks and a sprinkle of salt.
Bake for 15 minutes.
Let cool, cut into squares, and enjoy!
Need more healthy dessert recipes? I got you covered!
- Healthy Freezer Fudge
- Perfectly Fudgy Dairy & Gluten Free Brownies
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet
- Healthier Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars
Connect with me!
If you make Chocolate Chunk Tahini Cake Bars or any of my other recipes I would absolutely love to know! Tag me @wellnessbykay on instagram, so I can see and share your recreations!!
Love this recipe? Leave a comment and a rating! I love to see and it helps me continue to develop delicious recipes for this blog.Print
Chocolate Chunk Tahini Cake Bars
Chocolate Chunk Tahini Cake Bars are a deliciously easy & healthy dessert option! These bars have a rich & unique flavor from the tahini, a melt in your mouth fluffy texture, and are full of perfectly melty chocolate. Gluten free, grain free, and dairy free too!
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 Bars 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup refined coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chunks
- pinch of salt
- Set the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the tahini, melted coconut oil, pure maple syrup, eggs, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add the almond flour, baking soda, and a pinch of salt. Combine evenly.
- Stir in the chocolate chunks.
- Transfer to a greased or lined 8×8 baking dish. Spread evenly, top with extra chocolate chunks and a sprinkle of salt.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool, cut into squares, and enjoy!
Keywords: chocolate chunk tahini cake bars, cake bars, cake, chocolate chunk bars, tahini cake bars, healthy dessert. dessert recipe, dairy free dessert, gluten free dessert