Last Updated on March 30, 2021 by Kayla Berman
I’m pretty sure we all know that Easter is simply not Easter without some Reese’s peanut butter eggs. And we also all know that the eggs are better than the classic cups! I don’t know why, but it is just a fact. Anyway, with Easter coming up I wanted to create my own copycat recipe of the classic peanut butter easter eggs. But since that has definitely be done quite a bit already, I wanted to spice my version up a little so I decided to make Healthy White Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs. And let me tell you … the white chocolate was definitely a move! The creamy white chocolate pairs absolutely deliciously with the salty & sweet, melt-in-your-mouth peanut butter filling. Ugh, it is truly so good! Not to mention these homemade peanut butter eggs are much better for you than the classic, but still taste deliciously indulgent. They are a must make for this Easter!
Ingredients needed for Healthy White Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs…
These copycat Reese’s peanut butter eggs are so so easy to make and only require a few simple and mainly healthy ingredients! That is 5 ingredients to be exact … plus the optional, but highly recommended, festive sprinkles. These white chocolate eggs have no unnecessary additives or sweeteners, are naturally sweetened with pure maple syrup, and are a much lighter option than the original. They’re gluten free too!
- Peanut Butter: You of course need peanut butter for these peanut butter eggs! 1 cup of a creamy, natural peanut butter works best.
- Pure Maple Syrup: Next you will need pure maple syrup, one of my favorite refined sugar free sweeteners! 1/4 cup gives this recipe the perfect level of sweetness and a delicious taste.
- Almond Flour: Almond flour helps to thicken up the peanut butter filling in these eggs. It gives it that texture we all know and love in a classic Reese’s cup. Add 3/4 cup!
- White Chocolate Chips: You will need 1 cup of white chocolate chips for the white chocolate shell in this recipe!
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is melted down with the white chocolate to make for smooth and easy dipping. Make sure to use refined coconut oil, as unrefined or virgin will taste like coconut! 1 tbsp is all you need.
- Sprinkles: Festive sprinkles are optional, but they do add some fun to this recipe and are highly recommended!
How to make Homemade White Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs…
In a large bowl combine the peanut butter, pure maple syrup, and almond flour.
Grab a plate or baking tray and line with parchment paper. Then take about tablespoon sized scoops of the peanut butter mixture, shape into eggs, and place on the plate or tray.
Put the peanut butter eggs into the refrigerator for about 10 minutes so they solidify a bit. This will make dipping in the chocolate easier.
While the eggs are in the fridge, melt your white chocolate chips and coconut oil. Do so by adding the chocolate and oil to a bowl and microwaving for 15 second intervals until smooth. Stirring in between each interval.
Remove the eggs from the fridge and coat with the melted white chocolate. Place back on your tray or plate. If you are adding sprinkles make sure to add them before the chocolate sets.
Once all your peanut butter eggs are coated and decorated place back in the fridge until the chocolate has hardened completely.
Enjoy! Store the eggs in an airtight container in the fridge.
Love the peanut butter chocolate combo? Check out these other similar recipes!
- White Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites/
- Single Serve Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Crunch Cups
- Peanut Butter Pretzel Brownies
Connect with me!
If you make these Healthy White Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs or any of my other recipes, I would absolutely love to know! Tag me @wellnessbykay on instagram so I can see and share your recreations!
Love this recipe? Leave a comment and a rating! I love to see and it helps me continue to develop delicious recipes for this blog.Print
Healthy White Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs
Homemade Healthy White Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs are the perfect no-bake recipe! Creamy white chocolate pairs deliciously with the sweet & salty peanut butter filling in these eggs for a truly melt-in-you-mouth treat. Plus these 5 ingredient copycat Reese’s eggs are naturally sweetened, gluten free, and much lighter than the classic! An Easter must make.
- Prep Time: 40 Minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 15 Eggs 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp refined coconut oil
- optional sprinkles
- In a large mixing bowl combine the peanut butter, pure maple syrup, and almond flour.
- Grab a plate or baking tray and line with parchment paper. Then take about tablespoon sized scoops of the peanut butter mixture, shape into eggs, and place on your plate or tray.
- Place the peanut butter eggs in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes to solidify a bit. This will make dipping in the chocolate easier.
- While the eggs are in the fridge, melt your chocolate. Do so by adding your white chocolate chips and coconut oil to a bowl and microwaving at 15 second intervals until smooth. Stirring between each interval.
- Remove the eggs from the fridge, coat with the melted chocolate, and then place bake on your plate or tray. If you are adding sprinkles make sure to add them before the chocolate hardens.
- Place the eggs back in the fridge until the chocolate hardens completely.
- Store Healthy White Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Keywords: peanut butter eggs, healthy peanut butter eggs, white chocolate peanut butter eggs, healthy white chocolate peanut butter eggs, white chocolate, peanut butter, copycat reese’s eggs