Green Bean Casserole
Homemade Green Bean Casserole is the perfect Thanksgiving side dish! This recipe is made from scratch, full of fresh & delicious ingredients, and is sure to be a fan favorite. Creamy, crispy, and cheesy!
- Author: Kayla Berman
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 5 Servings 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 1 yellow onion
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms
- 12 oz green beans
- 4 tbsp butter (divided)
- 1/2 cup crushed crackers (recommend Ritz or similar!)
- 1/3 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Set the oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop the onion finely and cut the mushrooms into slices (or however you like!)
- Add the onion and mushrooms to a pan over medium heat with 2 tbsp butter, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Sauté for about 5 minutes or until softened. Add more salt & pepper to taste.
- Add the mixture to a baking dish with the green beans. Combine.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- While the casserole is baking, combine the crushed crackers and 2 tbsp butter melted.
- Take the casserole out of the oven. Add the crushed cracker mixture and white cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
Keywords: green bean casserole, green beans, thanksgiving recipe, thanksgiving, side dish, side dish recipe, vegetable recipe