Cobb Salad with Homemade Croutons
Cobb Salad with Homemade Croutons is the perfect salad recipe! Made with hard boiled eggs, crispy bacon, crumbled blue cheese, and a creamy lemon dijon dressing … this simple salad is both delicious & filling. It can be enjoyed on it’s own or with some extra protein like grilled chicken or shrimp. Either way you’ll love!
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 2 Servings 1x
- Category: Lunch / Dinner
- 1 head of romaine
- 3 cups bread cubes, packed (french baguette)
- 5 slices bacon
- 2 eggs, hard boiled
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- about 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 lemon, juice
- 1/4 cup + 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp warm water
- salt & pepper
- Set the oven to 375 degrees.
- Start by making the croutons. Cut the french baguette into about 1/2 inch cubes. Measure out 3 packed cups.
- Spread the bread cubes on a baking tray and mix with 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Spread evenly. Bake for about 12 minutes.
- Next make the hard boiled eggs. Place two eggs in a small pot and cover with water. Bring the water to a boil and once boiling, cover and turn off the heat. Keep the eggs covered for another 8-10 minutes depending on how you like your boiled eggs. Then place in an ice bath for another 10 minutes.
- Then cook the bacon slices according to the package instructions.
- Lastly, make the lemon dijon dressing. Simple combine the 1/4 cup of olive oil, the juice of 1/2 a lemon, dijon mustard, honey, warm water, and salt & pepper. Combine evenly.
- Then assemble the salad by dividing the ingredients between two servings. Start by adding romaine to the bottom of a bowl. Then add the tomatoes, blue cheese, hard boiled egg, bacon, homemade croutons (you will most likely have some leftover!), and the lemon dijon dressing on top.
Keywords: Cobb Salad Recipe, Cobb Salad with Homemade Ingredients, Easy Homemade Croutons, Lemon Dijon Dressing, Cobb Salad Ingredients