Christmas Sugar Cookies
Homemade Christmas Sugar Cookies are a must make for the holiday season! This easy recipe is a healthy spin on the classic … made with almond flour, oat flour, pure maple syrup, and icing on top. Soft & chewy, absolutely delicious, and perfect for decorating, this festive treat will be a total crowd pleaser! Gluten Free
- Prep Time: 50 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 15 Cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1/3 cup butter softened
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 6 tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 tsp almond milk
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- Set the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the softened butter, egg, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Combine the almond flour, oat flour, baking powder, and a pinch of salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and combine until a dough forms
- Place the dough in the fridge to chill for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and roll into about tablespoon sized balls. You should be able to make 14-15.
- Place the balls onto a greased or parchment paper lined baking tray. Flatten the balls with your fingers into a cookie shape.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- While the cookies are baking make your icing. Simply combine the powdered sugar, almond milk, and vanilla extract until smooth. If you need more liquid, add a tiny bit more almond milk.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool completely.
- Dip the cookies face down in the icing or spread the icing with spoon on each cookie. Then sprinkle with the sprinkles!
- Let set and enjoy!
Keywords: cookies, sugar cookies, christmas cookies, christmas cookies, gluten free sugar cookies, gluten free, gluten free cookies, holiday recipe