Teriyaki Shrimp Stir Fry
Teriyaki Shrimp Stir Fry is the perfect easy and healthy dinner recipe for a busy weeknight! Made with fresh shrimp, bell peppers, snow peas, and a homemade salty sweet teriyaki sauce … this Asian dish is flavorful, saucy, and delicious. Serve over brown rice or noodles for a new family favorite 30 minute meal!
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Asian
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 3 bell peppers, sliced
- 8 oz snow peas
- 2 tbsp olive oil, or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp water
- Start by preparing the teriyaki sauce. Add the water, soy sauce, light brown sugar, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, minced garlic, and minced ginger to a medium bowl. Combine. Set aside.
- Combine the cornstarch and water in a small bowl to make the cornstarch slurry. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet or pan on the stove over medium heat. Once hot, add 1 tbsp olive oil and the shrimp. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. Then remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside.
- Add the other 1 tbsp olive oil to the pan with the bell peppers and snow peas. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté for about 5-10 minutes.
- Then add the shrimp back to the pan along with the teriyaki sauce. Combine and bring to a slight simmer.
- Add the cornstarch slurry and combine. Cook until everything is warmed through and the sauce has thickened to your liking.
- Serve over rice, garnish with green onions and sesame seeds, and enjoy!
Keywords: teriyaki shrimp stir fry, shrimp teriyaki stir fry, shrimp teriyaki recipe stir fry, shrimp stir fry, teriyaki shrimp, stir fry recipe, healthy shrimp stir fry, healthy stir fry