Taco Stuffed Peppers
Need an easy and healthy dinner recipe? Taco Stuffed Bell Peppers are your answer. These Mexican stuffed peppers are filled with ground beef, brown rice, and flavorful spices, these peppers will be a hit with the whole family. gluten free + option to use ground turkey or chicken
- Author: Kayla Berman
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4-6 Serving 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 4 bell peppers (or more, see notes!)
- 1/2 onion
- 1 lb ground beef (or ground turkey/chicken)
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 18 oz can black beans
- 15 oz can corn
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup shredded cheddar jack cheese
- 1 taco seasoning packet
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- sour cream
- fresh cilantro
- Set the oven to 350 degrees.
- Start by cooking the brown rice according to the package directions. Once it is done, set aside.
- Wash and cut the bell peppers in half. Scoop out the seeds.
- Place the peppers in a baking dish with the open side up. Spray or drizzle with some olive oil. Bake for 5 minutes. This helps to make sure the peppers are cooked through and soft. (Bake for longer if you want them to be very soft)
- Chop the onion finely.
- Sauté the onion in a large pan on medium heat with the olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper until soft and fragrant.
- Add in the ground beef, more salt and pepper, and cook completely
- Drain and rinse the black beans and corn.
- Next add the diced tomatoes, black beans, corn, brown rice, taco seasoning, and chili powder to the ground beef. Add salt and pepper to taste. Combine evenly.
- Add the filling to each of the peppers. I recommend overstuffing a little bit. (There will be leftover filling. You can make more stuffed peppers or use it in other ways!)
- Cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and remove the foil. Sprinkle the peppers with the cheese and cook uncovered for 15 minutes.
- I recommend serving with sour cream and fresh cilantro. Enjoy!
- There will be leftover filling. You can either make more than 4 stuffed peppers or use the leftovers for various other meals such as burrito bowls, burritos, or salads.
Keywords: stuffed peppers, mexican stuffed peppers, taco stuffed peppers, mexican stuffed peppers recipe, taco stuffed bell peppers