Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins are the ultimate spring muffin! Made with fresh lemon zest and lemon juice … these lightly sweetened muffins are soft, tender, bright, and delicious. They’re the perfect easy sweet treat to enjoy for breakfast with a cup of coffee or tea!
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 12 Muffins 1x
- Category: Muffins
- Method: Baked
- Set the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the butter, white sugar, and light brown sugar to a large mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixture until light, fluffy, and creamed together.
- Next add in the eggs. Beating until just combined after each one.
- In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Alternatively add the flour mixture and milk to the muffin batter. Beating until combined with an electric mixer after each addition. Begin and end with the flour mixture for the best results.
- Then stir in the vanilla extract, lemon zest, lemon juice, and poppy seeds.
- Next line a muffin tin with muffin liners.
- Add about ice cream scooper sized scoops of batter to each muffin. You should be able to make 12 muffins.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- While the muffins are baking, work on the lemon glaze. Simply combine the powdered sugar, lemon juice, and milk until smooth.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and let cool completely. Once cooled, dip each muffin top in the glaze.
Keywords: Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins, Lemon Muffins, Lemon Poppyseed Muffins, Lemon Muffin Recipe, Lemon Glaze for Muffins