Healthier Sweet Potato Nachos
These Healthier Sweet Potato Nachos are a lightened up version of the classic! Crispy sweet potatoes loaded with cheddar cheese, shredded chicken, easy guacamole, fresh veggies, and creamy greek yogurt. They’re just as delicious as the real deal, but without all the heaviness!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Category: Nachos
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex
- 3 small sweet potatoes
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1 small tomato
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime
- green onion
- Set the oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the sweet potatoes into thin rounds.
- Toss the slices with olive oil and a generous amount of salt.
- Spread out evenly on a lined baking tray, either parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Bake for 10 minutes and then flip the sweet potatoes. Bake for another 10 minutes. Then turn the oven up to 450 and bake for 5 minutes on each side. (I’m sure you could probably do 450 the whole time, I would just keep a much closer eye, as they may burn)
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking, prepare all your toppings. Shred the chicken, chop the red onion, chop the tomato, and chop the green onion.
- Also make the super quick guacamole. Simply mash together the avocado, juice of about half a lime, and a pinch of salt.
- Once the sweet potatoes are done, they should be decently crispy. Remove them from the oven and top with the chicken and then the cheese.
- Bake at 400 for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with the all the chopped veggies, guacamole, dollops of greek yogurt, and a squeeze of lime.
- Shredded Chicken: I used chicken from a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store, but you can totally make your own. You can do this easily by boiling a chicken breast or two for 8-10 minutes and then shredding with two forks.
Keywords: sweet potato nachos, healthy sweet potato nachos, nachos, healthy nachos, sweet potatoes, healthy appetizer