Cherry Pie Crumble Bars
Cherry Pie Crumble Bars are the perfect fruit filled summer dessert! They have a shortbread like crust, a sweet & tart cherry filling, and an oatmeal crumble topping. Plus this easy cherry dessert is vegan, can be gluten free, and is made with only a few simple & healthy ingredients. Sure to be your family’s new favorite!
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 16 Squares 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
Crust & Crumb Topping
- 1 1/2 cup cherries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- Set the oven to 350 degrees.
- Begin with the cherry filling. Add the cherries, maple syrup, and water to a small saucepan on the stove over low to medium heat. Smash the cherries once able to and mix in the corn starch. Let the fruit simmer for about 5 minutes until it begins to thicken. Remove from the heat and place in the fridge to thicken further.
- Then begin the crust. In a large mixing bowl combine the almond flour, oat flour, and salt.
- Next add in the melted coconut oil, pure maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Combine evenly.
- Add 2/3 of the mixture to a greased or lined 8×8 baking dish. Flatten into a crust.
- Pour the cherry filling onto the crust and spread evenly.
- Add the oats to the remaining 1/3 of the crust mixture and combine to make the crumble topping. Next add the crumble topping on top of the cherry filling.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Keywords: cherry crumble bars, cherry pie crumble bars, cherry pie bars, healthy cherry crumble bars, vegan cherry crumble bars, gluten free, vegan