It is almost summer, which means all the summer recipes! Which just so happen to be my favorite type of recipe. I’m talking all the barbecue and cookout foods, fruit filled crumbles and crisps, and s’mores inspired treats! Ugh, so good! I’m kicking off the summer season with Barbecue Chicken Burgers. They’re coated and filled with barbecue sauce, topped with cheddar cheese, and are an easy dinner option! Not to mention perfectly juicy and delicious. And on the healthy side too!
Chicken Burger Tips…
Now I know what some of you guys are thinking. You would much rather have a beef burger over a chicken burger. You may even be thinking that chicken burgers are dry and flavorless. But these Barbecue Chicken Burgers are quite literally the opposite … perfectly juicy & absolutely full of flavor!
Tips for the perfect juicy and delicious chicken burger:
- Don’t overcook! Overcooking these burgers could make them dry. To get the perfectly cooked burger try to flip these burgers as few times as possible and keep on the heat until just cooked through. I recommend testing one burger first to see exactly how long you should cook on each side!
- Lots of flavor! The seasonings in these burger are simple and give them the perfect flavor. But the true star of the show is of course the barbecue sauce. Mixing it into the meat and coating the burgers with it while cooking them is the key to success!
Ingredients needed for Barbecue Chicken Burgers…
These juicy Barbecue Chicken Burgers are so easy to make and absolutely delicious to eat! They only call for a handful of simple ingredients…
- Ground Chicken: The base of these chicken burgers is of course ground chicken. You will need 1 lb!
- Barbecue Sauce: Barbecue sauce is mixed in to these burgers and put on top for ultimate deliciousness. Use your favorite type! You will need 1/4 cup and a little extra.
- Garlic Powder: 1 tsp of garlic powder gives this chicken burgers the perfect flavor.
- Cheddar Cheese: You will need 5 slices of cheddar cheese for these juicy barbecue chicken burgers!
- Salt & Pepper: Add 1/2 tsp of salt & 1/2 tsp of pepper to this recipe.
You may also need burger buns, lettuce, tomato, and onion to really complete these chicken burgers!
How to make Barbecue Chicken Burgers from scratch…
Start by combining the ground chicken, barbecue sauce, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
Form the chicken mixture into burgers. You should be able to make 5 chicken burgers!
Place the burgers on a greased pan on the stove over medium heat. Coat the top side with extra barbecue sauce and cook for about 5 minutes. Flip and coat this new top side with barbecue sauce as well. Cook for another 5 minutes.
You can also cook the chicken burger in this way on the grill!
Top each burger with a slice of cheddar cheese and cover to melt.
Add each burger to a bun and top with extra barbecue sauce, tomato, lettuce, and onion. Enjoy!
Looking for more summer recipes? I’ve got you covered…
- Caramelized Onion & Feta Turkey Burgers
- Vegan Berry Crumble Bars
- Roasted Corn & Caprese Pasta Salad
- S’mores Cookie Cups
- Blueberry Peach Crisp
Connect with me!
If you make Barbecue Chicken Burgers or any of my other recipes, I would absolutely love to know! Tag me @wellnessbykay on instagram so I can see and share your recreations!Print
Barbecue Chicken Burgers
Barbecue Chicken Burgers are the perfect easy dinner recipe! These burgers are full of delicious barbecue flavor, topped with cheddar cheese, and perfectly juicy too. Plus they’re on the healthy side and you won’t even miss the beef!
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 5 Burgers 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop / Grill
- Cuisine: American
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 slices cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl combine the ground chicken, barbecue sauce, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Form the chicken mixture into burgers. You should be able to make 5 burgers.
- Place the burgers on a greased pan on the stove and coat the top side with barbecue sauce. Cook for about 5 minutes and then flip. Coat this side with barbecue sauce and cook for another 5 minutes or until completely cooked though.
- Top the burgers with a slice of cheddar cheese and cover to melt.
- Add the burger to a bun and top with extra barbecue sauce, lettuce, tomato, and onion.
- You can also cook these burgers in the same way on a grill!
Keywords: chicken burgers, barbecue chicken burgers, healthy chicken burgers, chicken burger recipe, barbecue chicken, healthy dinner, dinner recipe