If you know me at all, you know of my deep love for the peanut butter and jelly combination. Like very very deep love. I am officially on a mission to use the combo in every treat I can think of. So far I’ve got pb&j cookies, homemade pop tarts, and even a mug cake! And now we have, my latest and my greatest, Peanut Butter & Jelly Granola. Think perfect peanut butter clusters with extra peanut butter and real jelly or jam swirled throughout. It’s crunchy, gooey, and delicious in every bite!
Why homemade granola?
My response to that is why not homemade granola. Making granola from scratch is much much easier and simpler than most people think. Once I figured that out for myself I have never looked back to the store bought stuff!
First off, it’s better for you…
One of the best things about making granola in your own kitchen is that it is almost always going to be better for you! When you make it yourself, you know exactly what ingredients are going into it. This cuts out unnecessary additives & sugars, and leaves you with the real & whole foods that you use in your kitchen.
And better for the bank…
I can almost guarantee you that making homemade granola instead of buying granola from the store will save you money! Typical granola ingredients are usually very simple and not too expensive. These include things like oats, an oil of your choice, nut butter, nuts, and other flavorings. Not to mention, if you are a frequent baker or like to cook at all … you most likely already have everything that you’ll need to make a big batch!
Ingredients needed for homemade Peanut Butter & Jelly Granola…
Homemade Peanut Butter & Jelly Granola calls for all healthy, wholesome ingredients! Simple is the name of the game here and everything you need, you most likely already have. This granola is completely gluten free & dairy free too!
- Oats: The base of this granola is oats! You’ll need 2 cups of old fashioned oats.
- Refined Coconut Oil: Make sure to use refined coconut oil, unrefined or virgin coconut oil tastes like coconut and will make your granola taste like coconut too! Add 1/4 cup.
- Honey: The sweetener used in this recipe is 3 tbsp of honey! It is a delicious refined sugar free liquid sweetener. You could swap for pure maple syrup if you would like.
- Peanut Butter: It’s peanut butter & jelly you guys, you gotta have peanut butter! I use a very runny, natural peanut butter where the ingredients are only peanuts and salt. This recipe calls for 1/4 cup.
- Jam or Jelly: Use 3 tbsp of the jelly or jam of your choice in this recipe.
- Peanuts: Lightly salted roasted peanuts add a delicious crunch and extra texture to this granola. You’ll need 1/2 cup.
- Vanilla Extract: 1 tsp of vanilla extract elevates the delicious flavor in this granola.
- Salt: You always need salt! Use 1/4 tsp in this recipe.
How to make this delicious Peanut Butter & Jelly Granola from scratch…
Set the oven to 325 degrees.
On the stove over low heat combine the coconut oil, peanut butter, honey, and vanilla extract until smooth. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl combine the oats, peanuts, and salt. Pour the liquid mixture over the dry and combine. Thoroughly mix everything and ensure all the dry ingredients are coated with the peanut butter mixture.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Pour the granola onto the sheet and spread out evenly. Spread out the granola as thin as possible. The thinner you spread, the crunchier your clusters will be!
Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
Remove from the oven and drizzle the peanut butter (2 tbsp) and jelly on top. You can also swirl the peanut butter and jelly a bit with a knife.
Place back in the oven for another 10 minutes.
Remove from the oven and let cool completely. It is very important to let the granola cool if you want deliciously crunchy clusters! Once the granola has cooled completely, break it up into clusters, and enjoy.
Answering all your homemade granola questions!
Why is my Peanut Butter & Jelly granola not crunchy?
As we all know, an ideal granola is made up of perfectly crunchy clusters. And I have two tips or tricks to make sure you get those every time with this recipe! First, make sure when you bake your granola it has been spread as thin as possible. Second, once your granola comes out of the oven do not touch it until it has completely cooled. Both of these steps help form those crispy, crunchy clusters!
How do I best store my granola?
Peanut Butter & Jelly Granola is best stored in an airtight container on the counter. I do not refrigerate mine because I feel like it looses it’s crisp and sort of gets soggy if I do so! This particular granola stays fresh for about a week.
How should I best enjoy this healthy homemade granola?
There are countless ways to enjoy this delicious granola! You can eat it in a bowl with milk for breakfast, on top of yogurt or smoothies, or just by the handful for a snack. My favorite way is by the handful for a snack, but of course all are delicious. I’d love to know how you end up enjoying this recipe!
Love this recipe? Check out some of my other granolas!
- Maple Cinnamon Pecan Granola/
- Healthy Chocolate Coconut Granola
- S’mores Dessert Granola
- Chunky Monkey Granola
Connect with me!
If you make this Peanut Butter & Jelly Granola or any of my other recipes I would absolutely love to know! Tag me @wellnessbykay on instagram, so I can see and share your recreations!!
Love this recipe? Leave a comment and a rating! I love to see and it helps me continue to develop delicious recipes for this blog.
Peanut Butter & Jelly Granola
Peanut Butter & Jelly Granola is an easy, healthy, and delicious homemade granola recipe! The crunchy clusters full of perfect pb&j flavor are made with real jam or jelly, natural peanut butter, old fashioned oats, and honey. Great for breakfast or a snack, this recipe is also completely gluten free & dairy free!
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 2 Cups 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups oats
- 1/4 cup refined coconut oil
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (separated)
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp jam or jelly
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Set the oven to 325 degrees.
- On the stove over low heat combine the coconut oil, peanut butter (2 tbsp), honey, and vanilla extract until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the oats, peanuts, and salt.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the dry ingredients and combine. Ensure all the dry ingredients are thoroughly and evenly coated in the peanut butter mixture.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Pour the granola mixture onto the sheet and spread evenly. Spread as thin as possible in order to get crunchy clusters!
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Drizzle with the jelly and remaining peanut butter (2 tbsp). You can also swirl the peanut butter and jelly a bit with a knife.
- Bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let cool completely, and then break up into clusters.
Keywords: granola, homemade granola, healthy granola, peanut butter granola, peanut butter & jelly granola, easy granola, granola recipe